• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Over 2k members and growing!

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow,

I cant believe how this site has grown in such a short period of time. So many great people from every walk of life in one place to enjoy our passion of jet boating together.

This place has been my virtual home since I joined. I have learned so much from everyone.

Congrats to everyone on here! We are part of the premiere jet boat community on the net, and that is something everyone should be proud of.

Last edited:
Yup.....the 2000 mark past us by this last week....and the registration rate keeps climbing. Still have lots of folks who just visit to read what they need without joining, but that is fine.

The spam prevention measures are working very well too, and the new FAQ is filling up nicely. Should make it much easier for folks to find what they need vs hunting for it.

An awesome COMMUNITY....

Congrats guys! Love this site!!

That's awesome. What a great site. It's hard to imagine that things would've gone this well so soon.

Yup.....the 2000 mark past us by this last week....and the registration rate keeps climbing. Still have lots of folks who just visit to read what they need without joining, but that is fine.

The spam prevention measures are working very well too, and the new FAQ is filling up nicely. Should make it much easier for folks to find what they need vs hunting for it.

An awesome COMMUNITY....

That was me... I use to stalk you on YJB LOL.....

I have made the decision I am buying a yammy jetboat next year.... I have too many finances and obligations to pay off by Jan, and I am holding tight on that promise :) I will be asking alot more questions sooner than later, as I come from a jetski background, but now that my son is 8, a jetboat is going to be an awesome addition !

That was me... I use to stalk you on YJB LOL.....

I have made the decision I am buying a yammy jetboat next year.... I have too many finances and obligations to pay off by Jan, and I am holding tight on that promise :) I will be asking alot more questions sooner than later, as I come from a jetski background, but now that my son is 8, a jetboat is going to be an awesome addition !

If you buy used, the first question you need to ask the seller is "Are you a member of JetBoaters.net?" If the answer is "yes", you've found someone who's been educated about their boat and likely taken care of it.

I've only been here for a couple months and can't believe how much I've learned about caring for my boat. Thanks guys (that includes you women out there too!)!

I have really enjoyed watching our forum grow from the idea that we should do this and will probably get a couple of hundred members to the amazing growth that we are experiencing.

This is a chart of the number of new members per month since April of 2014. As of now we are at 223 new members for May of 2015 which exactly ties August of 2014. We see the seasonal nature of boating in the chart but we also see an average of a 3.1 times increase for April and May of 2015 over the same months in 2014. I predict we will hit 235 new members before the end of the May.

Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 2.13.53 PM.png

Not only is the number of members growing but we are seeing growth in usage by our members.

Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 2.15.04 PM.png

We see even more growth when we include non member / not logged in traffic. We have almost twice as many unique visitors in April and May of 2015 as we had in 2014 and they made 50% more visits. March of 2014 is skewed by the facts that the forum was new, had an inrush of 400 members and one of our members decided to stress test the server.

Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 2.29.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 2.30.31 PM.png

I like to try to predict what future growth will look like. My last prediction was that we would hit 2,000 around the end of May 2015. I was slightly pessimistic on that prediction. My next predictions are 3,000 in early August and and 4,000 by mid October. This is what I expect the future to hold for our member count.

Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 2.23.20 PM.png

Thank you everyone for making this such a great forum!

Last edited:
If you buy used, the first question you need to ask the seller is "Are you a member of JetBoaters.net?" If the answer is "yes", you've found someone who's been educated about their boat and likely taken care of it.

I've only been here for a couple months and can't believe how much I've learned about caring for my boat. Thanks guys (that includes you women out there too!)!

@David D My plan as of right now is to buy new AR192 or AR190, etc... max I will go is ~35k.
If I can get something like a 2.99 and the 5 year YES that would be sweet.
If not I will go with a 2014/2015.

Thats my thought process right now. Id prefer to have something new ( i know depreciation in value goes down), but the warranty is that piece of mind.

The problem I have right now is I have a towable 2008 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer, and a place at my folks to keep it during in season. I am trying to debate how I want to wrap it up and put it again.
My g/f is the manager at an extra space storage and gets 50% off, so thats a nice cost savings if I want to do that.

Any other comments suggestions, etc... Feel free :)

@David D My plan as of right now is to buy new AR192 or AR190, etc... max I will go is ~35k.
If I can get something like a 2.99 and the 5 year YES that would be sweet.
If not I will go with a 2014/2015.

Thats my thought process right now. Id prefer to have something new ( i know depreciation in value goes down), but the warranty is that piece of mind.

The problem I have right now is I have a towable 2008 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer, and a place at my folks to keep it during in season. I am trying to debate how I want to wrap it up and put it again.
My g/f is the manager at an extra space storage and gets 50% off, so thats a nice cost savings if I want to do that.

Any other comments suggestions, etc... Feel free :)

Check out the Boats (for sale) section of the forum. There's a 2014 192 (I think it's an AR) for sale and it is still under warranty. He upgraded to a larger Yamaha.

Don't be too afraid to go used. You will get more bang for the buck. Few pointers. Make sure to take it for test swim and put it through the paces. (Also gives you a chance to experience handling with experience on board). Take it to s certified boat tech and have it thoroughly inspected.

Check out the Boats (for sale) section of the forum. There's a 2014 192 (I think it's an AR) for sale and it is still under warranty. He upgraded to a larger Yamaha.

Yup I saw that for sale... It peeks my interest, I was a big jetski guy and knew what to look for.

On Jetboats I am new...

Don't be too afraid to go used. You will get more bang for the buck. Few pointers. Make sure to take it for test swim and put it through the paces. (Also gives you a chance to experience handling with experience on board). Take it to s certified boat tech and have it thoroughly inspected.

I guess the thoughts of buying old scare me lol....

I guess my big question is whats with the older 2 MR motors now to the 1 1.8L motor ?

I know these motors are pretty much bullet proof...

Plus the 2.99% new versus 6.0%+ used.... ouch

I guess the thoughts of buying old scare me lol....

I guess my big question is whats with the older 2 MR motors now to the 1 1.8L motor ?

I know these motors are pretty much bullet proof...

Plus the 2.99% new versus 6.0%+ used.... ouch
I get that. I struggled with the new over used as well. Ended up finding a very reputable dealer who was holding 09 sx210. Secured a 12 year loan at5.74% and the boat was just over half the cost on new one I liked.

I can't really get into specs on motors. I'm pushing twin 110 hp. I've ran about 5 hours with zero problems.

Also what sold me on used is I got lucky and many after market mods (cobra fins, etc) were already installed.

Hard decision to make, go with your gut.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 4
I get that. I struggled with the new over used as well. Ended up finding a very reputable dealer who was holding 09 sx210. Secured a 12 year loan at5.74% and the boat was just over half the cost on new one I liked.

I can't really get into specs on motors. I'm pushing twin 110 hp. I've ran about 5 hours with zero problems.

Also what sold me on used is I got lucky and many after market mods (cobra fins, etc) were already installed.

Hard decision to make, go with your gut.

Ajax: I totally understand where you are coming from... the way I see it if I put say 10k down, that makes it a 20k loan at 2.99% you save in the long run ya know...plus the 5 year YES warranty..

I am in Maryland so I am willing to travel 6 hours away north south west for a good deal ya know.. .The problem with it is most of the time they are ragged to hell with a used one.

You have a point though with the mods thats a nice added touch :)

Ajax: I totally understand where you are coming from... the way I see it if I put say 10k down, that makes it a 20k loan at 2.99% you save in the long run ya know...plus the 5 year YES warranty..

I am in Maryland so I am willing to travel 6 hours away north south west for a good deal ya know.. .The problem with it is most of the time they are ragged to hell with a used one.

You have a point though with the mods thats a nice added touch :)
Yes sir. Found mine 6.5 hours away. Left at 4am home at 8pm. Long day but so far no complaints.

2000 members later... after a few emails and phone calls to the rebels by Bruce, Mel, and Julian got this site started. I had a feeling it would be a great (and refreshingly positive) endeavor. Awesome job ladies and gents!!

Yes sir. Found mine 6.5 hours away. Left at 4am home at 8pm. Long day but so far no complaints.

Nothing wrong with that at all :) It makes for a long day but well worth it in the end !!

I'm just a lurker for now since I don't own a boat yet. But I visit this site daily for new posts, pics and vids. It's a great friendly and knowledgable site you guys have here. I enjoy it more than other jet boat forums.

Beware haknslash. Hanging around here will cause an intense desire to get your family out on a jetboat.

So happy to be a part of this family. I know we have stated in the past that there was no need for monetary contributions to keep things going but has that changed. Are any of you guys experiencing money out of pocket to keep this going?

We each spend a little out of pocket, but we all consider is our most inexpensive hobby ever! @Bruce spends the most to cover hosting costs, but hasn't raised it as an issue yet. The forum does have a feature that would automatically handle membership contributions...so IF we ever needed any help this fantastic forum software would make it much easier for us! Another big pain if we took money is the IRS ramification....so we've been avoiding that too.

Thanks for thinking of this though....if we need help we will ask....but for now we are good.

Back