• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Please tell me this is not real

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I like it @Julian and I think you're onto something, especially with the sunscreen! I wonder if my guests would prefer dino or synthetic? Absolute genius ideas!! :winkingthumbsup"

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I like it @Julian and I think you're onto something, especially with the sunscreen! I wonder if my guests would prefer dino or synthetic? Absolute genius ideas!! :winkingthumbsup"
If you made a wall down the center of the bilge, you could run one type in one engine and the other in the other and offer them both! LOL

OR....if you did this enough, the oil would back up into the ski locker and all you do is drop your guest in there and tell them to roll around!!!! Voila! Full boat application in seconds!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I got a nice visual of hot dipping a guest in a vat of oil in the ski locker!! :D :D :D

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well he should probably take this bad information and realize he needs a new dealer to service his boat or the dealer was screwing with him, so that would also lead back to find a new dealer. Amazing how gullible people are .

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Wow I don't suppose anyone told the oil guy in the pool that motor oil is a serious carcinogen ?

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We should rename this the bad advice thread......

Bad Advice.jpg

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had a thought of the possibility of replacing the oil via the oil filter port, using an adapter of some sort, being able to inject oil at the same speed on which it is being pumped out. Would remove the need for an extractor, and would replace it all every time.

I think my idea is a little different from this guys.

He could have tried trapping the oil somehow... It would be funnier if it was a parody, but it seems for real. Scary stuff

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
He is responding to our comments on YT.

At first I thought surely this is just some horrible troll video made by someone but he is legit serious :confused:. He said he tried the oil extractor before but it took too long for him so this is what he does now :oops:. Even my cheap Attwood high speed oil pump takes hardly any time to pump out the warm oil.....about enough time to enjoy a single beer by the time its done :cool:.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is precisely my recipe for an oil change...

"Start by running the engine, one at a time, on the hose. Run for about 5 minutes or so to heat up the oil. (If you haven't run on the hose before, it's engine on, water on, water off, engine off.) Once the oil is warm, pull the dipstick and stick the pump hose in until you feel resistance. It goes in a pretty good amount. Then pump the handle on the evacuator until you see the oil start to siphon out. Now go get a beer or two, because this takes a while. If I had to guess, 15 minutes for each engine wouldn't be out of the question. While evacuating one engine, you can be warming up the other. But the noise will make your beer less enjoyable."

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Why did he have so much water in the bilge? I pull mine out every time (mostly because it's brackish water) but unless I soak down the deck with a hose, it is nearly completely dry. Given that he has a galvanized trailer, I imagine he boats in somewhat salty water.

I can't see the scupper to determine if the stock one is the source or not, but I do see what looks like underwater LEDs.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looks to be along the same lines as rolling your boat upside down to drain the oil. I guess when they were handing out brains this guy thought they said "trains" and asked for a slow one.
You know....if you just take the oil out.....you never have to change it!!!!!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Unbelievable. There is no way I'd drain my engine oil into the bilge.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Delphi Electric Fuel Pumps FE0115
"costs 32 dollars new " attach some electric red and black clamps and wires for attaching to your battery, use a rigid type tube that fits down the oil dip stick to remove your oil and take a soft type tube to run the oil out to a calibrated container, if you use a transparent tube you can see the oil coming out . It has worked for me for many years. And the pump probably costs less than a manual oil extractor does.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Wow I don't suppose anyone told the oil guy in the pool that motor oil is a serious carcinogen ?
After cleaning up boat and drying out compartments on boat from engine rebuild a week ago, I discovered oil in my ski locker today. I don’t think this is residual from when dealer cleaned up boat. I have oil around the bulge as well. Boat is back with service center. Will keep you posted. Thanks

Attachments

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If this guy didn't care about making a mess he just should have removed the oil drain plug at the bottom rear of the engine. He'd have the same mess but he'd save a lot of wear on his starter motors.