• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Poll: Which 2017 AR195?

Which 2017 AR 195?

• Total voters

kindtampa

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I always considered a solid colored hull premium. If I did choose black, I think I'd remove the graphics for a all black hull. Local dealers also seem to only have black in stock. With that said, I'm leaning towards the white/black/red scheme. Would love to hear what everyone thinks!ar195-black-thumbnail.png ar195-white-thumbnail.png

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'll place some pics of black next Saturday when I take the keys...:winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup"

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I like the white/red one

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Personally think graphics typically look nicer on a black boat. White will be cooler on a sunny day and that tends to be a large factor in the boating world.

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
They both look good, although I favor the black more. Probably look even better with black tint.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I voted black because I think it looks nicer, but the white one would be easier to keep clean....tough choices. If you are buying with a mind for resale, I'm guessing more entry level boaters would find the black boat cooler looking.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What @Julian said. Our white/red boat is easy to keep clean, stays cool in the hot southern sun and stands out on the water. I voted black because it looks great. I was close to pulling the trigger on a black boat.

IvanS

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
black look better BUT I will prefer white because it will be easier to keep clean. Im having a headache with mine :(

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
black look better BUT I will prefer white because it will be easier to keep clean. Im having a headache with mine :(
That's my only concern... Especially with the hard water we have here... Already a pain with the black cars we own.

IvanS

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@malibu Dan I only boat in fresh water and ever since I bought the boat I have to wash it after every launch. The water spots are horrible, thank God for Hot Sauce, once I found out about it here is been easier to maintain but still a pain in the @$$

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hot Sauce & black boat....:thumbsup:

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'll have to try that... I know vinegar is the go to for hard water spots so maybe that's the key ingredient...

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'll agree with most of the black hull owners that have already spoken up. It's a pain to keep clean, but they look so nice when they are clean and shiny.

To keep it looking good I wipe it down as soon as it gets out of the water, I can't even wait the 20-30 mins till it gets home or else water spots will set in. Hot Sauce is a great tool to make it easier, but still ends up being more work than a diff. color hull. If you're willing to put in the work, I would go with a black hull.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wish they had a white bottom option since I have to think that is very hard to keep scratchless and showing well. My black car is a chore but I understand how great they can look especially with tint and/or black rims, etc.

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Black Hull, ordered it last week. Supposed to be in no later than mid November.