• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Prevent ECU failure on 2004-2006 SX/AR230

CrankyGypsy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
failure: ECU or injector? some have said that bad injectors are causing ECUs to fail. but i've read of injector swaps that disprove this. my old injectors even look kind of rusty yet are still all working fine.

my theory: the ECU is the root. when we throttle down, the swim deck floods. this water washes against the back of the engine compartment hatch. the seal for this is split for the three white bumpers there, allowing water to spill in. this water is then able to drip onto the housing and seep in (despite the gasket). the engine hatch design on the the 2007+ models is why we are not seeing this issue there even though they use the same ECU.

possible solution: i have taken electrical tape and run it across the top seam of the ECUs.
ecu.jpg

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You might be onto something about the Ecu placement. Another great write up @CrankyGypsy

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm feeling your theory but..... Have all ECU failures had water in the compartment?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not a bad mod, but I can't help but wonder if using a noodle instead of electrical tape would be better.

Not, mind you, because it would work better. Rather because it would fit the aesthetics of this site better. Dontcha think?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Not a bad mod, but I can't help but wonder if using a noodle instead of electrical tape would be better.

Not, mind you, because it would work better. Rather because it would fit the aesthetics of this site better. Dontcha think?
You sir, have lost your noodle.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What about a bead of silicone? Electrical tape is temporary at best, and not very water proof. Quality duct tape would give better coverage.