• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pulling pump of E-Serier

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
@HELP Came across stranded 242. Can feel the stick in the pump but it is to the point of likely needing to pull the pump. I towed him back to the dock. Is there anything different you have to do with it being an E-Series to pull the pump?

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
I can’t find anything on pulling the jet pump on an e-series boat. Can it be broken up from under the intake once it’s on the trailer? I got a stick in mine and was able to get it out after about 20 min of messing around in the clean out port.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I would make sure everything was in neutral and the batteries were off. Pull them as usual.

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
We tried all we could for the night. He even dove underneath. Feels to be about 3in long and 1 inch wide. Jammed on the very top between the blades and can’t get a grip on it with anything. He is going to have it on the trailer first thing in the morning for us to pull it. Videos look pretty straight forward. Anyone know the torque spec for the four pump bolts. Also am I going to have any surprises with the jet boat pilot fins. I cobras on mine.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Also am I going to have any surprises with the jet boat pilot fins. I cobras on mine.
You may have to remove the fin to remove the steering cable bolt. I have that bolt installed upside down to avoid that problem and carry a spare in the boat.

I do not know what the torque spec is but have always hand tightened them. I would have the owner remove those bolts to add high temp thread sealant when he is back home. Yamaha specifies a hard to find lock tite product. I am using high temp thread sealant from an auto parts store that appears and smells identical.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We tried all we could for the night. He even dove underneath. Feels to be about 3in long and 1 inch wide. Jammed on the very top between the blades and can’t get a grip on it with anything. He is going to have it on the trailer first thing in the morning for us to pull it. Videos look pretty straight forward. Anyone know the torque spec for the four pump bolts. Also am I going to have any surprises with the jet boat pilot fins. I cobras on mine.
Maybe he’ll be able to grab it from below once it’s out of the water. I’ve gotten a badly wedged stick out with pliers and patience but it would never work trying under water.

Kylecole21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m the stranded boater in this case. Boat is a 2018 242 Limited S E-Series. Everything I find on torque says just make it “snug.”

David Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks guys new to this jet boat experience (6months) but I will be adding a few new tool to my on board box just to handle this possible problem. This site rockstls2526_new.jpg102-detail-2017-03.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Kylecole21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is there a recommended tool bag list on here?