• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

jgpncll

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Or Shearon Harris? Haven't had the boat out since Labor Day.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I didnt go by the Barton Creek ramp or any of the others. But just looking at the Hwy 50 bridge I am not sure i would be able to get under that bridge with my tower. So i would be limited to where i could go even if i could launch.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They actually closed the ICW right next to the community I own in. The first pic is the public boat ramp next to my community and the next pics are of our marina from our community pool deck. You can see the grill area is under water. @Mainah this is the ramp you picked my lift up from and @Andy S this is the pool deck we were hiding from the rain in.

A263D0FA-44D5-476F-9EA9-757BF5216B7C.jpeg D5309EE6-91E0-4873-A004-10386270FDCC.jpeg E7F1DE12-EC82-471F-89EF-FAA13A1A75EF.jpeg 8BF090C4-2AC7-433C-9F71-55B8B62B4380.jpeg B6F9001A-196E-4225-A67F-89513D875A9E.jpeg

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They actually closed the ICW right next to the community I own in. The first pic is the public boat ramp next to my community and the next pics are of our marina from our community pool deck. You can see the grill area is under water. @Mainah this is the ramp you picked my lift up from and @Andy S this is the pool deck we were hiding from the rain in.

View attachment 83622 View attachment 83623 View attachment 83624 View attachment 83625 View attachment 83626
Wow that is crazy, hope it doesn't get any worse.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That certainly is high. Did you ever get your new lift? Your old one has a new life and is working well after an immense amount of work. Lots of grinding, welding, dyed epoxy, painting, part fabrication, and sweat were involved. The old control box is gone. I made a mount for two battery boxes on top one of the side poles and they hold the blowers, electric ball valves and remote control board. Have had lots of compliments on it at my marina.

The ICW is bound to have lots of stuff floating on it for a while so be careful.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That certainly is high. Did you ever get your new lift? Your old one has a new life and is working well after an immense amount of work. Lots of grinding, welding, dyed epoxy, painting, part fabrication, and sweat were involved. The old control box is gone. I made a mount for two battery boxes on top one of the side poles and they hold the blowers, electric ball valves and remote control board. Have had lots of compliments on it at my marina.

The ICW is bound to have lots of stuff floating on it for a while so be careful.
Not yet gonna check the boat shows and used market this off season.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well the water cleared our pool today and this was at mid tide so probably a 2ft swing still.

2FE036EC-97FA-49A6-A70B-3EF3E037E37E.jpeg

Smitty

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am curious if anyone knows how Falls or Harris Lakes are looking. Any chance of getting out on this weekend? I know the levels at Jordan are way up with lots of debris and it is still closed for at least another week. I am starting to wonder if there is going to be any more boating for the season.
How about Kerr or Gaston?

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe Harris is fine. They maintain the level because of the power plant.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am curious if anyone knows how Falls or Harris Lakes are looking. Any chance of getting out on this weekend? I know the levels at Jordan are way up with lots of debris and it is still closed for at least another week. I am starting to wonder if there is going to be any more boating for the season.
How about Kerr or Gaston?
Trying to figure out if my summer is over as well lol. Was thinking of paying @veedubtek or @Andy S a visit this weekend is their lakes were up and running to try and get one last weekend out.

jgpncll

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Harris appears to be okay. I drove out there Saturday morning to check it out as I have never boated there. The water level appeared to be normal and the boat ramp was packed.

jgpncll

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone know the status of Falls Lake?

jgpncll

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Went out to Shearon Harris today for the first time. Conditions and water level were great!

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll be out on Harris today for the last outing of the season.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Falls is still high, but some ramps are open - like Barton Creek. Rolling View Marina was flooded still last weekend, but looking at the water levels published should be fine this weekend - down at least 4 feet since last weekend:

upload_2018-10-5_11-29-1.png

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
FYI, Crosswinds at Jordan Lake is now open. Just received an email from them...

The marina is open. All lower lots and roads are dry or muddy. The trailer field and A,B and C docks are accessible. The dock at the ramp still has about 8" of water at one section, The lake is still high and debris has been reported but not the jam up at the 64 bridge.

All the boats that were on a trailer in the trailer field have been moved to the main lot by the flagpole. We will start moving them back today. If you are cominig to launch your boat this weekend and let us know we will leave your boat in the main lot if it hasn't been moved already.

Since we've been closed it is now Fall and we have changed our hours. The gate is open 8am to 6pm. The office is open M-F 9am to 4pm. Boat rentals and gas are available 9am-4pm 7 days a week. Valet is operating. We are shorthanded and expect a busy weekend. Most of the other ramps on the lake are closed. Please be patient as we get back to normal.

Thanks for all your help during and after the storm.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Time to bring this thread back to life. I know we have some new Raleigh area members here. Looking forward to another great boating season.

Jordan lake is up to 59 degrees today.

Jordan was great on sunday.

20190324_170533.jpg

Last edited: