• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Nice! I've lived a few miles from Harris Lake for 12 years, yet I've always gone to other lakes with my skis due to the grumpy bass fisherman and no good way to launch a ski by yourself there. Now that I have a bigger boat to piss them off in I'm more apt to go to Harris since it's so dang close. Took my boat out there a few weeks back during the warm snap, and realized I need to learn the lake more as it seemed I had most of what appeared easily navigable ran in about 15 mins. LOL! I know it's a small lake but def not that small.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Been away a while..... I just got a wet slip at Jordan and am pumped up about that! Haven't put it in the water yet. Need to get it home and get it cleaned up, install batteries, etc but have just been too busy. Lot of work travel past month plus.

I'd love to get a gathering on Jordan put together. Seems like a lot of folks prefer Falls Lake and I went there last year during a gathering.

Have yet to try Harris out, but have read about it. Unless there's a big gathering I'll probably stick to Jordan this summer, especially since I got a wet slip.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Jordan Lake flooding again.... This is the 5th time since the Sept hurricane! Went and picked up my boat, brought it home and will install batteries this weekend, wash it, wax, etc. Issue is that Crosswinds was basically under water yesterday, before this massive rainstorm we are currently in the middle of. No idea when I'll actually be able to put it in the water and park it in my slip. SUCKS!boat 7.jpg

boat 8.jpgboat 9.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I checked Falls level today. Looks like you guys only go up 4-6 feet max. Jordan has huge swings..... already up over 12 feet and that's without all this rain today.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In case anyone missed it on the facebook group. Ramps are open at Jordan. I went out last Saturday to seaforth just to check it out for a sunday trip. we ended up at Harris on Sunday. I will attach the picture. About 4-5ft deep water to wade through to get to the dock on saturday. They are letting out nearly 10,000 Cubic feet per second. this is bringing the level down about 0.8ft per day. should be able to walk to the docks by this weekend if they keep it up.

Harris is at normal levels and usable.

Reports that Falls is fine too.

20190427_192014.jpg

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Falls was really high too, but the ramps where fine (at least highway 50 ramp) The high water picture was last Tuesday so I'm sure its a lot better now, but wow!

Falls Lake - 13 Miler 012.jpgIMG_0991.jpg

greg cole

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Been away a while..... I just got a wet slip at Jordan and am pumped up about that! Haven't put it in the water yet. Need to get it home and get it cleaned up, install batteries, etc but have just been too busy. Lot of work travel past month plus.

I'd love to get a gathering on Jordan put together. Seems like a lot of folks prefer Falls Lake and I went there last year during a gathering.

Have yet to try Harris out, but have read about it. Unless there's a big gathering I'll probably stick to Jordan this summer, especially since I got a wet slip.
We will be a Jordan pretty regular this year. Hope to see ya out there.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m going to be on Jordan most of the day Friday. First time out this year. Dance competition for my daughter is gonna kill chances of going Sat or Sun.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m going to be on Jordan most of the day Friday. First time out this year. Dance competition for my daughter is gonna kill chances of going Sat or Sun.
Hi gang, we finally found a great boat, and we are looking forward to meeting everyone. We put in for the first time last Saturday at Jordan, and it was a tussle getting it back on the trailer with no floating docks available. It was worth it, had a great day, and plan on having many more.

Smitty

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was out at Falls Lake today, no issues. Didn’t notice the water height but I don’t frequent that lake. Put in at Hwy 50.
I am planning on getting out to Jordan Saturday and/or Sunday this weekend.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are planning for falls lake on Saturday... we normally get to the ramp at 1030 to 11 ish and stay until the sun goes down normaly... not sure if the boat ramps are on the summer schedule yet. Maybe I'll see some of u guys out there.... I'll be in the red and white boat... if anyone needs a little help with a new boat we would be happy to assist....

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We'll be out somewhere Fri/Sat.....either Harris or Jordan. Jordan we'll put in at Fearrington point as I like those ramps/area. I imagine it'll be jammed like normal.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Should be on the water at Jordan by 10am Friday. Black 242. Put in at crosswinds and I normally go up towards Farrington and under the bridge. Not many boats in there most of the time.

1B306C42-9E23-4D62-80ED-F9BF1509E1AD.jpeg

919Cummins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If the lake is crowded we usually end up in the same spot.

We normally put in at New Hope ramp and ride down to the dam and up the river a bit, then back up north.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have never been up to that part of Jordan. We usually put in at seaforth and go down to open main area or to party cove. Is the water smoother up there for water sports?

919Cummins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We seen a guy hit an underwater tree as he didn't understand the danger buoys. The boat literally came out of the water. It was a 17-18 ft. center console. I tried blowing the horn, whistling, couldn't get him to stop. The tree did though.

I pulled up beside him to explain that area. After a quick chat he went across from where he was and went right by the other danger buoy.

They have since narrowed the channel and marked it with red buoys.

greg cole

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We will most likely be out sat too. We usually put in at Hew Hope and end up over at Beaver Creek area.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The first few years we launched up at Fearington and went under the bridge too. One of our buddies still carves out a spot for water sports there most weekends. When the ramps got too busy ( nothing like waiting in a long line to launch, and someone in front backs up to the ramp, stops, and starts loading beer and Bojangles) , we started using new hope and head up river about half the time. New hope is usually the quietest of the ramps, nice and wide, and bathrooms . Important for us old folks and the grandkids. I may get out this weekend, and will look for you guys.