• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

Andisimose

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From NCPARKS.GOV/OPEN

May 9th:
Falls:
Rolling View and Shinleaf accesses only:
Some trails
Some restrooms
Rolling View boat ramp

Jordan:
Robeson Creek boat ramp and canoe access

All other areas closed still

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Jordan has already announced they're only opening a tiny section of their park and it included one ramp, and it's the smallest ramp in all of the park.
Wow, I just saw that... tentative opening date for all boat ramps (except Robeson) July 1st?? sucks

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wow, I just saw that... tentative opening date for all boat ramps (except Robeson) July 1st?? sucks
Yup! Halfway into summer on one tiny little suck ramp at Jordan. Like I said I hope Cooper forces them to open more.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Does the marina at Jordan have their own ramp that is open to the public?
Normally yes, closed now to the public. One of my friends has his boat on a trailer there, and he can access his boat and the ramp . But last weekend, traffic was backed up for miles, and the owner of Crosswinds emailed his clients saying it was the busiest day he has ever had .

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think next weekend we'll just do Kerr. Gonna try and convince the wife it's not worth sitting in traffic for nearly an hour.

Hopefully nutbush won't be a nut house.

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I’m kind of a fan of Kerr. Not too far from Raleigh but wide open for running the boats and playing with the water toys. I am not a big fan of Jordan. Gets busy and isn’t all that deep.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’m kind of a fan of Kerr. Not too far from Raleigh but wide open for running the boats and playing with the water toys. I am not a big fan of Jordan. Gets busy and isn’t all that deep.
Gotta know where to go on Jordan to escape the crowds. On any given weekend, normally, it isn't all that busy. Fortunately we have 3 lakes to spread people out on.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Our plan for now is to go to Kerr on the 16th weather permitting. We were lazy and. Normally get to the ramp around 10 to 11.... but we normally stay ubtill dark. If weather permits I hope to see some of you out there in a week.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You guys got me thinking..... I keep my boat at Crosswinds and as mentioned above, they have 4 ramps and it's easy to get in and out. It's closed to the public though. They have concierge service but its limited right now because they don't have as many folks working there right now. Last Saturday I showed up at the lake around 11am and put my boat in right away. Had a friend try the one public ramp that is open (I forget which one) and there was a huge backup and he got turned away.

I really want to try Kerr. Trying to convince my wife to trailer an hour away and try a new lake vs having our boat in the water in a couple minutes.

You guys have kids? That might make the difference..... I've got a 16 year old daughter and 2 boys (13 and 9).

Smitty

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
According to the website, it looks like Jordan will open all the ramps, tentatively, on June 1.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
According to the website, it looks like Jordan will open all the ramps, tentatively, on June 1.
Website says July 1, not June 1. I got excited there for a minute. Although reading that found out there's another ramp at Jordan that's open! Poe's Ridge......may have to check that out. Weather is looking iffy next weekend. Def not driving an hour away with a 40-50% chance of rain. Sucks!

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We are bringing my 16 and 12 year old girls ... kerr is a giant beautiful lake..
We will try to find you guys out there if the weather looks halfway decent. I am thinking of running up there later this week since the weather looks pretty nice.

Smitty

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Website says July 1, not June 1. I got excited there for a minute. Although reading that found out there's another ramp at Jordan that's open! Poe's Ridge......may have to check that out. Weather is looking iffy next weekend. Def not driving an hour away with a 40-50% chance of rain. Sucks!
oh crap, this really sucks. I guess I saw what I wanted it to say.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I think I’ll wait a bit for a trip up to Kerr.... let the water warm up some. We could arrange a meetup sometime this summer I’m sure.