• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

919Cummins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well, didn't make it to Kerr.

Got 30 miles from home, had a flat. I also forgot to grab my jack and 19MM....

Call a wrecker company I know really well, got to me in 20 mins and changed the tire. I didn't want to continue without a spare. He had a tire shop up the road from his..it was only about 5 miles out of the way. Get to his shop, puts the tire on the rim. I asked him to put the new one on the boat because there is a small cut on the spare that I was not comfortable with traveling that far.

Broke 2 studs.. FML. None to be found. He ran out 2 times, had his brother run out and each time come up short.

I had him take a stud out of the passenger front hub so I didn't have to limp with 3 studs. By the time we got this done, it was after 2. It was another 35-40 miles to the lake but I was so pissed we came back home and I put that b*t*h right back in storeage.

Does anyone know where I can get some studs? I ever tried shoreland'r site and am coming up empty. Chatlee does not carry them.

Boat is for sale.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Call a wrecker company I know really well, got to me in 20 mins and changed the tire. I didn't want to continue without a spare. He had a tire shop up the road from his..it was only about 5 miles out of the way. Get to his shop, puts the tire on the rim. I asked him to put the new one on the boat because there is a small cut on the spare that I was not comfortable with traveling that far.

Broke 2 studs.. FML. None to be found. He ran out 2 times, had his brother run out and each time come up short.

I had him take a stud out of the passenger front hub so I didn't have to limp with 3 studs. By the time we got this done, it was after 2. It was another 35-40 miles to the lake but I was so pissed we came back home and I put that b*t*h right back in storeage.

Does anyone know where I can get some studs? I ever tried shoreland'r site and am coming up empty. Chatlee does not carry them.

Boat is for sale.
Wow.....that is a crappy day! Have a drink and call it a day!

Heard that Barton Creek and Hwy 50 were both full by 1030am today!

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Boat is for sale.
Ah, crap, sorry to hear that. I just finished pricing new gutters, soffit repair, and the AC on my 2nd floor is shot. But I think you might have had a worse day.

Etrailier and Champion trailers were great when I rebuilt my other trailer 5 years ago. They should be able to hunt down the correct studs.

Best of luck, and yes, have a few cold ones.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That sounds like a rough day for sure. Jordan was busy, but wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. However, the people that were out must have been new to boating. Watched an AR210 ram into the dock today....HARD! Also watch a super air nautique take a good run at the dock. The AR I'm guessing thought I was trying to cut in front of him as I was looking for a clear spot to drop my wife at the dock to get the truck. I spun around as another boat tied up where I was headed and was too close, he comes blasting by me and rams right into the dock. YEESH! He was either hammered or it wasn't his boat, cause he didn't seem to give a shit.

I will say having someone that can back down the trailer is a game changer. Not having to tie up and then get the truck myself and then load the boat myself is very nice. Also get to sit back and watch the shit show that is the ramp situation. Also whoever had the idea to get radios on here was a genius. I can give my wife clear instructions as to what lane to pick and if she needs to go more right/left/straight/deeper in the water, or pull up all without having to try and yell or wave my arms. This very well could be done using cell phones, but little 2 way radios just seemed easier.

MadDogH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If anyone sees a white seat cushion for my ar210 on 98 or hwy 50 or capital, please let me know. Apparently it blew out of my boat on the way to falls hwy 50 launch

MadDogH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If anyone sees a white seat cushion for my ar210 on 98 or hwy 50 or capital, please let me know. Apparently it blew out of my boat on the way to falls hwy 50 launch
Found it, unfortunately run over a couple times. Oh well.

MadDogH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Found it, unfortunately run over a couple times. Oh well.
I am learning that this cushion #4 is a popular one to fly away when towing. Ugh.

Has anyone in the Raleigh area had the same seat replaced and willing to share where you got it made?

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sucks to hear 919. Out on Jordan now and it’s great. Hardly any boats and the Farrington ramp doesn’t look busy at all.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Went to anchor near a sand bar.... threw the anchor in and went to pull on the rope to tighten it up and pulled the rope right into my boat..... without the anchor.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Didn't see any boats heading towards Harris while out and about today either. Seems like today would have been a good day to go out. Storms are starting to pop up now, though.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone on here have a Fortress anchor? Think that's what I want to get to replace mine.... but it sounds like it won't fit in the anchor locker and I really want it to go in there. Is it that much better than the plain Jane Yamaha anchor?

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Heading out to Jordan today

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I recently moved from the FL Gulf area and am now down the street from Falls Lake, but still haven't put my boat on the water yet. I miss my gulf boating and convenience I had before. I've heard lots about the ramp waits and shenanigans here, so sad. Getting away from people was a big part of why I bought my boat in the first place, plus we could get to beaches and restaurants that were located on the water back in FL. Maybe we'll try Jordan for the first outing here in NC, since it has a 6 lane ramp. Or maybe Rollingview. I'm only about 10 mins from Creedmore/Hwy50 ramp though.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry @granpachuck didnt see where u tagged me a while back. For anyone who is interested next year, hyco lake has a pretty spectacular fireworks show. It's all privately done. And it is one of the coolest tho gs we have done ... anchored up with about 200 other boats, all with navy lights on , bimini down, watching the fireworks on all directions. This was the 2nd year we did it. Now... it's a long day. We left our house at 830 and drove the 1.5 hours (closer to two with a stop), was in the water by 11, and didnt pull out of the water untill 1115 that night. Got home at 115am.... long day.. but it was fun...

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I recently moved from the FL Gulf area and am now down the street from Falls Lake, but still haven't put my boat on the water yet. I miss my gulf boating and convenience I had before. I've heard lots about the ramp waits and shenanigans here, so sad. Getting away from people was a big part of why I bought my boat in the first place, plus we could get to beaches and restaurants that were located on the water back in FL. Maybe we'll try Jordan for the first outing here in NC, since it has a 6 lane ramp. Or maybe Rollingview. I'm only about 10 mins from Creedmore/Hwy50 ramp though.
Welcome to the area. @Julian can give you all the tips about Falls Lake. I've been on it once for a meetup but that's it. I keep my boat at the marina on Jordan so that's mainly where I go. Plenty of spots and coves to get away from people if that's your thing. Gotta be careful of a few areas that have underwater trees/stumps. If the water is at normal level you can see them, but if the lake is up a few feet then you really gotta be careful where you go. The map screen on my shows actually shows them all and the helps!

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sorry @granpachuck didnt see where u tagged me a while back. For anyone who is interested next year, hyco lake has a pretty spectacular fireworks show. It's all privately done. And it is one of the coolest tho gs we have done ... anchored up with about 200 other boats, all with navy lights on , bimini down, watching the fireworks on all directions. This was the 2nd year we did it. Now... it's a long day. We left our house at 830 and drove the 1.5 hours (closer to two with a stop), was in the water by 11, and didnt pull out of the water untill 1115 that night. Got home at 115am.... long day.. but it was fun...
Have heard of that lake but had no idea where it was or that it was big enough to boat. My wife said she knows a couple people that have houses on the lake or near it. Next year that would be a cool idea!

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NP ! Just got back from a week on Kerr lake and catching up here. That Hyco trip sounds great.

Probably heading to Jordan for a nice, easy day on the lake today.

@Shookie , late reply, but saw your question on the Fortress. I bought it, love it, nice and light. Added rubber coated chain, never fails. Kept the original as a 2nd in one of the bow lockers. Slight trimming needed to make it fit in the anchor locker.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome ! I love that area , go almost every year to Gulf Shores Al. Still have 1 condo there. Also own plenty of Flora Bama gear. That area is one of the nicest places to be boating. I love the lakes here in NC, but a completely different environment.