• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh/Durham - Falls Lake Gathering (July 22nd 2017) Aug 25 2018

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did yall decide on a location? the Falls lake place looked cool, but i know yall were talking about a different lake.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@robert843 did you renew your season tickets this year? I ask because I need to get y'all out here to Lake Oconee in eastern GA one weekend this summer. I was thinking maybe an early college football weekend while it's still hot outside. USC plays UGA Sept. 8th but it's in Columbia so you might be at the game that weekend for example. Who knows when some of our reno projects will be completed inside our house as we seem to run into issue after issue, but the porch/backyard/lake are ready to roll. I'm sure we could get some local GA boaters over and of course it would be awesome to have anyone else who would be interested.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did yall decide on a location? the Falls lake place looked cool, but i know yall were talking about a different lake.
I think Lake Norman was being discussed but not sure anything has been selected yet.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 did you renew your season tickets this year? I ask because I need to get y'all out here to Lake Oconee in eastern GA one weekend this summer. I was thinking maybe an early college football weekend while it's still hot outside. USC plays UGA Sept. 8th but it's in Columbia so you might be at the game that weekend for example. Who knows when some of our reno projects will be completed inside our house as we seem to run into issue after issue, but the porch/backyard/lake are ready to roll. I'm sure we could get some local GA boaters over and of course it would be awesome to have anyone else who would be interested.
For the first time in 12 years we did not renew our season tickets this year. Return on investment was not working out it cost a lot of money and we seem to be skipping more and more games due to kids stuff. Last year when I broke down the cost by the number of games we actually attended it was over $1000 per game just in tickets and parking so we decided it was time to let them go. I would have to look at the schedule but we could possibly do that weekend

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For the first time in 12 years we did not renew our season tickets this year. Return on investment was not working out it cost a lot of money and we seem to be skipping more and more games due to kids stuff. Last year when I broke down the cost by the number of games we actually attended it was over $1000 per game just in tickets and parking so we decided it was time to let them go. I would have to look at the schedule but we could possibly do that weekend
We had them for about a decade and it was great, but once Josie got to the age of where sports came into the picture it was just too difficult trying to justify the cost and make the logistics work. I thought for sure I'd miss them, but to be honest for some reason I haven't. I guess I enjoy watching Josie play more. If we can finish the inside (it's not a gut job but a ton of smaller projects) we could definitely host a few families for anyone that would want to overnight. Throw in some air mattresses and we could fit of bunch of y'all and I could fit a lot of boats and trailers in the front yard.

Last edited:

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are prob out of the Norman trip...

1st. . Not sure about the status of the boat. I'm sending my ecu out but not sure how long it will take to get it back. Once I do I want to be in familiar waters for a while as I run her through her paces to see if any gremlins pop up. I know Falls or Kerr well enough that I can no wake the hell outta it in the pitch black dark if I have to.

2nd.. We are still trying to recover financially from bimini! (Loved it but dang! )

3rd.. Because of number two it would have to be a day trip. 3 hours down.. Boat all day 3 hours back.. Not sure my crew is up for it yet.

4th... We have a tear in our boat cover. More of a hole. I need to get it fixed before much more towing. This cover is a year and a half old. I swore I would not buy another 700 dollar yamaha cover and the next one we would be custom made with better materials... Again see reason 2!!!

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We are prob out of the Norman trip...

1st. . Not sure about the status of the boat. I'm sending my ecu out but not sure how long it will take to get it back. Once I do I want to be in familiar waters for a while as I run her through her paces to see if any gremlins pop up. I know Falls or Kerr well enough that I can no wake the hell outta it in the pitch black dark if I have to.

2nd.. We are still trying to recover financially from bimini! (Loved it but dang! )

3rd.. Because of number two it would have to be a day trip. 3 hours down.. Boat all day 3 hours back.. Not sure my crew is up for it yet.

4th... We have a tear in our boat cover. More of a hole. I need to get it fixed before much more towing. This cover is a year and a half old. I swore I would not buy another 700 dollar yamaha cover and the next one we would be custom made with better materials... Again see reason 2!!!
I’m with Mike, not sure I can do Norman. With me just starting a new job I used up all my favors right out of the gate to go to Bimini. I can do a day trip easily but not an overnight or longer. I’m up for anything local to raleigh if the group is. Falls, Kerr, Jordan, Harris, Mayo, Hiko, etc. Tons of choices in the Raleigh-Durham area.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m with Mike, not sure I can do Norman. With me just starting a new job I used up all my favors right out of the gate to go to Bimini. I can do a day trip easily but not an overnight or longer. I’m up for anything local to raleigh if the group is. Falls, Kerr, Jordan, Harris, Mayo, Hiko, etc. Tons of choices in the Raleigh-Durham area.
Raliegh is fine if one of you guys wants to pick a date and a lake. I can save my weekend trip till Sept and use it @Ramblin Wreck house.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can do Falls. Just not this sunday. I need more notice

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Falls Lake would be better for me too. I loke the idea of Lake Norman but need more time to plan that.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You guys can pick the date I seem to have a little more flexibility then you on what days may work I can likely make any Saturday work.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can do aug 11,18th, or 25th so if yall pick one of those I am in. Could also swing July 21st but that pretty soon

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
July 21st I will be at falls lake with the police explorers post having a cookout. Normally I take my boat and sling the kids around on the tube. I hope to have my boat running by then... I'll let leah check those other dates.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Agreed... I will be out there on the sat gor a police explorers cookout....

After that I have the august 4th and 25th... Maybe the 11th but most likely I will have to work.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure I can make this saturday. Let me run it by the wife.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length