• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Recent Trip to Paris and Rome 2015 - Photo Heavy

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wife had this trip planned since this past summer (2015). Total of 10 family members going to London, Paris, and Rome. With the Terror Attacks happening in Paris less than a week before we were scheduled to leave, we still moved forward with taking the trip over. I was not real happy about it though and was ready to take a loss on the money. Kept my head on a swivel. But I'll tell you this, the people of Paris were still out in force and not cowering or hiding. Plenty of people out. But there was also plenty of extra Police and Military pulling security.

I'm sharing this post because I was able to stop by 2 of the cafes where victim's were killed by the terrorist. Plenty of people paying respect and I was glad to stop by.

But then I decided to share my pics from Rome. The Colosseum is probably the coolest place I have every visited. If you ever find yourself in Rome, you MUST go to the Colosseum.

Paris Flight Resize.jpg

Paris Flight Resize II.jpg

Eiffel Tower Resize.jpg

Eiffel Tower Police Resize.jpg

Eiffel Tower Military Resize.jpg

Paris Cafe Resize.jpg

Paris Cafe Resize II.jpg

Paris Cafe Resize III.jpg

Cafe Paris Resize IV.jpg

The Colosseum. Rome, Italy

GOPR2456.JPG

GOPR2467.JPG

GOPR2473.JPG

GOPR2490.JPG

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'm glad you made the trip. I would love to do this some day.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's really good to hear you didn't cancel your trip, I feel sad when I hear visitors fear coming to Europe, especially to my capital, London.
Times are changing and the world does seem to be a more dangerous place, but you can't let these scum win. My wife wants to cancel our trip to New York, but we're still going, you need to be vigilant in any big city anyhow!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I was supposed to be going to India on Wed and our company has cancelled all overseas travel due to the travel advisory. I told them I had no issue going and was more likely to be killed on the way to the airport than by a terrorist overseas, but they aren't budging. I suspect they are using this as a way to save $ at the end of the year.....

On the bright side....I dont have to pack today and miss my family for 12 days in December!

Great photos....seeing the colosseum is on my list....

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have visited a lot of cool places but walking through the Colesseum is probably my most memorable.

I would love to take my family on a trip like that, all my travels were while being stationed overseas before I had my wife and kids.
I spent quite a bit of time in Florence I really enjoyed that city. I would like to spend more time in Rome I only went there once it was hard to see everything I wanted to in the couple days I was there. Seeing the Pope come out on his little balcony and give a speech was pretty cool to see, have no idea what he was talking about, was cool to see:)

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Wayloncle it was quite the experience. We toured numerous places in Rome, including Vatican City, however the Pope left the day we were there. He was headed to Africa. Would have been cool to see him.