• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Robotic Vaccums....any good now?

thefortunes

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have 2 (a Neato and a Eufy Robovac).

Pleased with them both but really want one that will navigate stairs (and clean them while it is at it).

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think ours is the 1001AE or something like that. You can set it to clean whole house or just certain rooms. Also can draw no go areas in on the map which I have not done yet.

View attachment 139765View attachment 139766
What you are showing above is ordering a manual cleaning. Their app says that you cannot schedule a cleaning of a specific area today.

Screenshot_20210106-114502_Shark Clean.jpg

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Neato site says it can schedule specific rooms...

Your Neato robot can be scheduled to clean your home when it is most convenient for you and your family. Neato can remember several unique recurring schedules so whether you’re a same-time-everyday person or you’re an only-the-days-that-start-with “T” type Neato’s got you covered! Once you setup your robot’s schedule just sit back and soak in the delightful life of smart home cleaning.

With the introduction of Zone Cleaning on the Botvac D7 Connected you can even schedule your Neato to clean different areas of your home throughout the day. Maybe you want your robot to a quick sweep under the kitchen table every morning after breakfast or deep clean your bedroom in the middle of the day when you’re at work. With the power of scheduling and zone cleaning the possibilities are endless!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Neato site says it can schedule specific rooms...

Your Neato robot can be scheduled to clean your home when it is most convenient for you and your family. Neato can remember several unique recurring schedules so whether you’re a same-time-everyday person or you’re an only-the-days-that-start-with “T” type Neato’s got you covered! Once you setup your robot’s schedule just sit back and soak in the delightful life of smart home cleaning.

With the introduction of Zone Cleaning on the Botvac D7 Connected you can even schedule your Neato to clean different areas of your home throughout the day. Maybe you want your robot to a quick sweep under the kitchen table every morning after breakfast or deep clean your bedroom in the middle of the day when you’re at work. With the power of scheduling and zone cleaning the possibilities are endless!
There is ZERO reason (other than lack of software developers) that Shark hasn't provided this option (yet). I'll be surprised if it doesn't come out soon! (disappointed too)

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can schedule a cleaning, I just don't. I manually start it after my wife goes into her office, I go into my office, and dog toys are picked up. I run it 3 days a week.IMG_8057.png

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I can schedule a cleaning, I just don't. I manually start it after my wife goes into her office, I go into my office, and dog toys are picked up. I run it 3 days a week.View attachment 139780
Yup. I can schedule a cleaning too. I think you will find you can't schedule it to clean a room.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bought a Deebot for my wife for Christmas. Nothing says I love you like a vacuum. We haven’t tried the mopping feature but the vacuuming has been spot on. We’ve been very pleased thus far.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got a roomba i8 for my wife for Christmas. I was thinking the same thing @Ramblin Wreck.

I’m not thrilled with it so far. It vacuums carpet & wood just fine but the mapping isn’t great. It’s been training for about 3 hours total and hasn’t touched several rooms in the house yet (I live in a normal size house) and it seems like it’s spent half it’s time bouncing around under beds & other furniture. Hoping that it gets better soon or it might go back.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We got a Shark. Overall pleased with the little sweeper but it won’t link to our WiFi which isn’t a problem. We just let it run whenever we’re home and take it to the room we want swept

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We got a Shark. Overall pleased with the little sweeper but it won’t link to our WiFi which isn’t a problem. We just let it run whenever we’re home and take it to the room we want swept
Is your wifi 5k only (which would be surprising). Mine connected with zero issue to my Google wifi. It's only cleaning our ground floor.....approx 2000 square feet.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is your wifi 5k only (which would be surprising). Mine connected with zero issue to my Google wifi. It's only cleaning our ground floor.....approx 2000 square feet.
Not real sure, the wife is the computer wizard of the family. I’m sure she’ll figure it out when time permits

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I HATED my Neato. We had a D5 and it was a piece of shit. Couldn't go over 1/4" rises, got stuck all the time, wouldn't stop when full. Hardly ever connected to WIFI. Sent it in once for repair (don't remember what was wrong). Still was crap. Then the LIDAR motor went bad, replaced that, worked for a little, then something else broke and I said screw it I am buying a new one.

Now have a Eufy G30 - while the navigation isn't as advanced as the Neato, it works 100x better. It is SIGNIFICANTLY quieter than the Neato, I can keep meetings going when it comes in the office. It sometimes gets lost on its way home, but it always finds its way home. Can't say the same for Neato. My biggest gripe is how short it is. It is great for going under things, but I didn't realize how many things I have that are it's exact height, where it can get stuck. I wish it was 1/4 taller. For the most part the boundary strips have solved that.

If you catch the G30 on sale it is like $230 - there is absolutely nothing that competes with it when you consider price.

Last edited by a moderator:

dbfl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Honiture Q6 nicely keeps the house clean. It's a 98% clone of the Neabot NoMo, just adding a "mop." Self emptying, full mapping with LIDAR, app a little hard to understand/minor bugs, but overall my wife and I are very happy with Hony. I did have to cover the cliff sensors with white tape so it wouldn't get confused on a particular area rug with sweeping light and dark areas, a problem shared with almost all robot vacs.

I'm only withholding my five star review on Amazon until the mfr. releases a new app version as they promised me, with some bug fixes.
IMG_0002-1080x720.JPG

Last edited:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last thing to add. If you have pets don't let this thing run when you are not home. I was reminded of this just this very morning. There are stories of these things running thru mistakes by our furry best friends. I set mine to run this morning and then noticed it was driving thru a small spot of dog pee on the hard wood floors. So I had to shut her down and clean not only the floor but the robot too. Navy buddy of mine said theirs was running when they weren't home and the thing ran thru a pile of dog poo. He said his living room looked like a Georgia mud rally and they had to throw the robot away it was so bad!!!

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
lmao!! this same thing happened to the guy that works for me. he got an irobot for his wife for christmas. dog crapped on the floor and they turned it on while they werent home. there was shit everywhere!!!

dbfl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Some of the newest have a front-facing camera and specifically poo, shoe and other small-object visual detection. I considered one, and decided a roving camera in my house streaming to the vendor's cloud server (how they get the video and other data to the associated app) did not make an acceptable privacy/benefit tradeoff.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Depends on what you use it for...

Cat on a Roomba.jpg

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
46440579_288316065134514_9017683501838761984_n_f85f07752418b38fbbe0cdf051200548cc141154.jpg

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We just got a Roomba s9 in December and it's been great so far. Only issue was rugs with dangly, frayed, ends which my wife loves and Roomba gets tangled up in. We were able to draw keepout zones in the app which are surprisingly accurate and keep Roomba away from those.

I'm pretty impressed with how well it cleans into corners and weird nooks--the s9 isn't round, instead it has the roller/brushes pushed forward so that its front is flat and can get into a lot of places that a circular bot probably would have problems with.