• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Robotic Vaccums....any good now?

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
OK guys, that's enough SHIT talking.
I'm losing interest just by the mental picture of poo spread across the house like a GA mud rally...:grumpy::nailbiting::vomit:

😂🤣😂

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I HATED my Neato. We had a D5 and it was a piece of shit. Couldn't go over 1/4" rises, got stuck all the time, wouldn't stop when full. Hardly ever connected to WIFI. Sent it in once for repair (don't remember what was wrong). Still was crap. Then the LIDAR motor went bad, replaced that, worked for a little, then something else broke and I said screw it I am buying a new one.

Now have a Eufy G30 - while the navigation isn't as advanced as the Neato, it works 100x better. It is SIGNIFICANTLY quieter than the Neato, I can keep meetings going when it comes in the office. It sometimes gets lost on its way home, but it always finds its way home. Can't say the same for Neato. My biggest gripe is how short it is. It is great for going under things, but I didn't realize how many things I have that are it's exact height, where it can get stuck. I wish it was 1/4 taller. For the most part the boundary strips have solved that.

If you catch the G30 on sale it is like $230 - there is absolutely nothing that competes with it when you consider price.
I had a similar experience with my Neato. Sent back for repairs once and then then it failed after the warranty. There were some well known problems with capacitors on the main board. I replaced them and got it it working again but got tired of fixing constant problems with it...bought an amazon returned Deebot for $85 and have been happy with it. Deebot is dumb in comparison but has worked every day for 18 months without any down time.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got the Wyze vacuum delivered last week ($200) - its friggin awesome. Covers the entire first floor with no issue, whereas I previously needed two of the non-mapping roombas with virtual walls dividing them to cover the same space. If I put it on the high suction mode, it only covers about 80%, but goes back home to recharge, and picks right back where it left off. I could never have a non-mapping version now.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not sure if my Shark will get better over time, but the "room" mapping and targeting is more like.....general do that side of the house. I was expecting it would drive to the kitchen and clean that and drive back. What it is actually do is.....cleans every room on the way to the target room, and then the same thing on the way back (sometimes). Not impressed....yet....but I've only done 5 full house cleanings.

Regarding dogs....one of ours is terrified by the vacuum, so we have to make sure she's elsewhere when we run it....this is a drawback.

The Shark does NOT like water bottle caps!

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
This one is on sale right now for $129 down from $250, but no mapping.

Went with this one...Appropriately named Mrs. Euphegenia Doubtfire after all it is a Eufy. 🤣

Charged it for a bit then ran a quick 30 minute clean. It quickly went from dining rm, to lvg rm, to Master br, to MBR bathroom(barely covering any floor space). Then cleaned that THOROUGHLY. A little bit of an issue with lightweight trash can in there, then back to MBR, lvg rm, then front entryway before 30 minutes were up. Then seemed to re-trace it's path a bit on the way back to the charging station. I thought it was going to die on the way. It went slow the last 6 ft or so then REALLY slow the last 3 ft. but it did make it. I'll try a full clean tonight after 24hr on the charger.

thefortunes

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score