• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Running wires on 230

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I need to run a positive and negative wire from my head compartment to the area behind the helm where my distribution fuse box is located... Is there a channel that leads from the fuel compartment to the head like there is from the fuel compartment to the helm side? I can run the wires straight to the batteries but that would be another wire to connect to the battery and another inline fuse... I would rather run it from my distribution box. ..

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The inside the head light wire runs that way.

You can see it once you pull the fuel tank cover.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't want to circle the boat if I don't have too..
Have you pulled the fuel tank cover before? If not I would find another way. If so it should be an easy job.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I ran wiring between the head/storage and helm by acceessing the strip of plywwod at the storage area floor, where it abutts the top edge of the ski locker. It is a straight run across the front edge of the ski locker door, under deck, to the helm storage. I can go down and take a picture if you need specifics. Carpet hides wiring flex conduit in storage area, conduit runs tight to ski locker ceiling across to the helm area. I took a few pics anyway.
20180503_133428.jpg
BlueSea pos./neg. Dist. panel in port storage locker. And then a couple pics. of wire runs...
20180503_133409.jpg 20180503_133530.jpg The run from fuse panel across the storage area and then down in back of carpet covered plywood panel...into the ski locker,
20180503_133643.jpg and across the ceiling,
20180503_133721.jpg into the helm storage area
20180503_133943.jpg These runs are for my amp. and trim tabs.

Last edited:

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pull the light in the head closet. Fish thru one of those long plastic fish rod thingys. Attach your wire and pull thru.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just string it across the windshield. Much easier and all you need to do is duck under it going to/from the bow.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce i have pulled my fuel hatch up several times. All screws came out first try... One was bent so I just replaced it. . Pulling the fuel hatch is no problem other than I just bolted it back down because I thought I was through with it... Iguess I'll. Pull it back up!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
what are you adding?

I would look at the bottom side of your ski locker as Zipper did, if you've never been in there it's not sealed or closed at all on the upper portion and would be a straight shot across,

but I have to admit I do like the draping it across the windshield scenario, you could add a couple Christmas light led's to give it some bling

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How do u get down through the floor. Of the head unit to the level of the top of the ski locker? drill a hole in the floor?

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No, no drilling required. Follow my pics. above. If you have questions, ask me I am at the boat now. I can take more pics or a video

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
On my 242 there is open area above the ski locker walls on the driver and passenger sides. On the passenger side it leads to the rear cockpit compartment / under the lounger. To lead it into the head compartment I would have to lead it through the back wall of the head compartment near the hull and low (above the shelf height).

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Agree with the ski locker approach....this is how I ran wires across in my 2005 230, and I'm sure it would be just as easy in your model year.
Me too. I tied them into the conduit. I climbed into the locker a few times.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@bronze_10 How easy was it, running wires across the boat thru the ski locker? Have you crawled down in there yet to fish the wires across? What are you installing in/on top of the locker?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No.. This is what I ended up working on yesterday..
20180503_173312.jpg hired a guy I know to haul in some rock and make me a boat parking pad.
I installed a shelf in the head compartment the other week. I am going to install a USB charging station in there for phones or camera battery charger or whatever we need. My distribution block is behind the helm. I want it fused to that location.