• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ryobi High Volume Inflator

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm just guessing this doesn't come with a battery?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just double-checked the flyer I picked up and would say that is correct. It doesn't specifically say, but there isn't a battery in the picture. Here's a direct link, which shows it is the tool only.

Looks like a battery and charger is 59.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I saw this thing on slickdeals.net today and was also curious. I looked up the specs and it is only .5psi which means it's not going to get larger tubes and mattresses very firm. Usually, you need 1 to 2psi to get basic floatables firm. I'm sure there are lots of other uses for this thing. Lots of good posts in the slickdeals thread too.

https://slickdeals.net/f/10961799-ryobi-18v-one-battery-high-power-volume-inflator-20

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have one and used it most of the summer, its the shit! It inflated all the tubes we have including a single donut, three person flat and three person love seat as well as a pool island. The bigger tubes arent a problem as long as they have the dual valves with inner one being a one way valve. Although i dont think it would inflate a sup very well. Battery and charger are not included and i havent seen it in a kit yet. They have three or four battery sizes as well as prices ranging from $30 to $100 each. I already have ryobi tools so i got off lite cost wise and ended up buying ryobi other inflator to complete the set (the one in the center is their combo product) and its come in handy as well.

IMG_0042.JPG

I left mine on shore with some friends in construction and heard they had a blast with it. So i bought another as a gift and included one of my smaller batteries, spare charger and bag to complete it.

IMG_0043.JPG

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I used mine for the first time yesterday on the water and we have the big tubes the Paparazzi and 4 person Hot Dog...Holy cow it filled them faster than my hard wired pump..The thing is awesome..I totally recommend it..Thanks Guys for posting it! :winkingthumbsup"

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I bought one of these a while ago, and just got around to trying it out while inflating a tube I'm selling - it really works great and is quite a bit faster than the one I use on board. Gears are turning about where I could mount their 12V charger on the boat so that I always have a battery at the ready.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Been using this for years! I'm a Ryobi Fan boy and never leave home without em! The 4ah battery lasts me all weekend of inflating and deflating. Highly recommend.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, I tend to hold the boat in high idle (no wake 2 or 3) when inflating - keeps the voltage above 13v and makes a standard air pump work better. Wonder if the Ryobi is still faster?
(I always finish off with a hand pump to something like 3-5psi (or whatever - hard) with a SUP pump. )

--

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wanted to report on a great little inflator when I found this thread from 2017. The Ryobi is quite similar to the one I bought.

We already have two inflator pumps on board. They have a long extension cord and plug into the 12V socket on the dash of our SX210. They work but are a bit slow and I always have to manually inflate the last bit with my breath. I was looking for a self contained unit with a rechargeable battery.

I already have five different battery types for my garden tools, and one for my hand drill. I didn't want to add yet another battery type and charger. I finally found this Kobalt inflator that uses the same battery as my drill. At only $30 and good reviews it was worth a try. I didn't even buy it for the boat, just for our grandson's inflatable toys at the house. But after I tried it I thought, "why not bring it along and try it on the towable?"

Today I used it to inflate our 3-man tube and it worked like a champ. It inflated about 5x faster than our other two pumps. I didn't have to mess with a cord. It fully pressured the tube like never before, and it was light and easy to handle. I just thought I'd pass this along in case anyone is searching for a nice, cheap, little inflator.

Air inflator 1.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@jdonalds , nice find and thanks for posting.

The only differences I can see from the Ryobi model are that it has two more adapter sizes and of course the battery (24v v. 18v for Ryobi). Can the adapters be put on the intake side to speed up deflation?

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes the adapters can be put on the top for deflation.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As another option. I have a lot of Dewalt cordless tools around the house and I am doing some remodeling so I am in the eco system. I purchased and use one of these for inflating inflatables, truck and trailer tires, bikes balls etc. I keep it in its bag in the boat. And since I am in the eco system All my batteries are swappable. I have yet to run down a 5ah battery in 4 outings, and blowing up a two man tube and the Super Mable HD 3 person (not sure what I was thinking getting something that big). It is fantastic and works great. It is more expensive than the Ryobi of course. It can run on Battery, AC and DC cigarette lighter so you have options. You also can set a pressure and it will automatically shut off.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
As another option. I have a lot of Dewalt cordless tools around the house and I am doing some remodeling so I am in the eco system. I purchased and use one of these for inflating inflatables, truck and trailer tires, bikes balls etc. I keep it in its bag in the boat. And since I am in the eco system All my batteries are swappable. I have yet to run down a 5ah battery in 4 outings, and blowing up a two man tube and the Super Mable HD 3 person (not sure what I was thinking getting something that big). It is fantastic and works great. It is more expensive than the Ryobi of course. It can run on Battery, AC and DC cigarette lighter so you have options. You also can set a pressure and it will automatically shut off.

Speaking of Dewalts, I've been using the Dewalt compact leaf blower to fill tubes with great success. Not sure what it's PSI rating is, but it has been getting my tubes full FAST and hard.....plus its great for a quick clearing of the patio or deck. (It also sucks)

1592397152569.png

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian I was eyeballing that, wasn't sure of the performance. Good to know. If and when my Echo Blower gives out I was going to get that. Or maybe right around XMAS when lowe's does deep discounts on Dewalt. I have over 12 of their new style brushless tools and I have the the cordless 16ga Nailer and the Cordless Framing Nailer(its a heavy sucker). My garage is all yellow and it looks like I am a Dewalt sales rep. I have more batteries than I know what to do with. I have 6 unopened since It was "Buy a tool, get a tool half off and a free Battery.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought a house that needed a remodel in January 2019 so that spurred the move. I bought one then the kit with 6 or 7 tools then kept adding on. I just counted and I have 17 tools, more than I thought. I even have the Drywall zip hole cutter. Once I started I couldn't stop. Damn Lowes and HomeDepot charge cards. You see, since everything is yellow, the Admiral doesn't know when I bring in a new tool. No way to tell. :)

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Ryobi is the way to go.... that 18v battery goes in so many damn tools. I have the dual inflator, which does tubes or tires. Great all in one to have with the boat.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm slowly replacing my old 18V tools....only have 3-4 so far....
Same here. Those old 18V Black & Decker batteries are not very good.