• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seat back cushion bolt attachment

heyrolled

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Howdy! We recently sold our 2014 AR210 and got a 2022 with low hours. We’re noticing several loose parts, along with the infamous screws and debris caught in the hull drain plug. Seems the production line in 2022 could have used some quality control.

The starboard side bow seat back cushion has a bolt that isn’t connected to anything, but I’m not sure where it’s supposed to go. Looking in the compartment behind the dash where the table leg stows, I would expect to see it come through there, but there isn’t a hole. I’m attaching a couple of photos.

Can someone help shed some light on what this bolt should attach to?

Another unresolved issue is the starboard side handrail is loose. I have no idea so far how to get up in there to tighten it but haven’t dug into that one yet.

Thanks for any insight!

Attachments

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Someone else will have to chime in as to whether that bolt is fastened or hidden behind the plastic items in your Pic.

The handrail is probably easier to reach than it appears, but you'll have to show wide angle pics of which handrail, exactly, and we can use those pics to give you further guidance.

Probably as easy as removing the speaker and using a wrench with a rope to retrieve it in case it falls

heyrolled

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh that's a good idea. I didn't think about removing the speaker.

It also occurred to me I should look in the compartment on the other side to see if the seat back bolt comes through on that side. I'll look at those things this weekend.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That looks just like the bolt that gets the big washer and wing nut. No apparent through hole though. Mystery.

heyrolled

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just an update on the seat-back bolt. I pulled the seat-back off and found that the hole for that bolt apparently wasn’t drilled all the way through. So I drilled it and added a washer and nut to match how it’s done on the other seat-back. 🤷‍♂️