• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shade extender system build

Cowboy14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
For the Rear I used Size 4, it does overlap about a foot. I have mine underneath but you could also put on top of the T-Top but you would lose the rod holders while your using. Im thinking about modifying my canvas to shorten slightly so it would fasten around the rod holders. You may be able to go to a Size 2 and have it work well but it would not be as wide in the back, but the rear edge of the T-Top is 48" so it would fit well there.

I ran with mine up up to 30 mph for 10 miles without an issue. Im not sure I would push faster then 30 for fear or ripping out the rear rod holders. The issue with waiting to order these covers is during spring and summer they are always out of stock. I had to stock the website for 2 months before they were in stock to order.
OK thanks. The size I was looking at was 2 (TTW4xL5x aftW5) but maybe if I run it underneath the T Top like yours, I need size 3 or 4? 3 is (TTW4xL6xaftW5)? I know the beam area at the rear is really 7 ft wide. If 4 (5x6x7) works well strapped underneath the T-Top and using up a foot or so of length, then that makes sense.

Cowboy14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well I ordered exactly what we talked about, carabiners and all. Here’s the final look. Poles are huge for what I was expecting. I mean that in a good way. The poles are heavy duty. Ocean south did a good job in my opinion on the poles and the canvas portion. The attached straps are kind of long, but I realize it’s a universal setup and they give you 4 extra straps to mix with the 4 attached straps. It leaves some hanging ends, but thats better than not enough.

Attachments

Last edited:

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well I ordered exactly what we talked about, carabiners and all. Here’s the final look. Poles are huge for what I was expecting. I mean that in a good way. The poles are heavy duty. Ocean south did a good job in my opinion on the poles and the canvas portion. The attached straps are kind of long, but I realize it’s a universal setup and they give you 4 extra straps to mix with the 4 attached straps. It leaves some hanging ends, but thats better than not enough.
I used caribeners on the rear poles to attach the canvas and ditched the straps which makes it much cleaner too.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I like the idea, but does it really make that much difference. Is everyone shaded to the point it is absolutely necessary? Is more for older folks hanging on the sunny sides of things? Or is it a worthwhile upgrade for everyday ops.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I like the idea, but does it really make that much difference. Is everyone shaded to the point it is absolutely necessary? Is more for older folks hanging on the sunny sides of things? Or is it a worthwhile upgrade for everyday ops.
Florida Sun is hot, lol. I did to maximize shade for hanging out at the Reefs or Sandbar. It would definalty get in the way fishing however.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I appreciate you all the work you guys did on this thread ! I’ll be doing the forward shade for my passengers during the long days of summer at high altitude.

pkwil22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
That thing seemed to be a safe inexpensive option, I have put it in my list of things to try when we add the t-top to our Deluxe!
How did you add the t-top to your deluxe? Just purchase the OEM parts needed from a dealer?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

SCSCOTT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

justamon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I finally got around to trying my home depot set up.top.jpgtop ext.jpg

justamon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I know it's hideous! I just like the option of hanging any tarp any way to effectively block the sun when needed. I'm sure someone can refine this system.