• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
It's that time of year. Had to beat @zipper to the post, since he's probably got a newborn petting zoo wandering around his fields right now. If we had gotten there five minutes earlier, I might have had to assist with the delivery!

View attachment 220424

View attachment 220425

View attachment 220426
I now have a doe that visits my German Shepard at 5:00am, 1:00pm and 6:00pm daily. My dog freaks out and this deer just walks back and forth along the fence and Stella is wiggling out. No fear.
IMG_5640.jpegIMG_5639.jpeg

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I now have a doe that visits my German Shepard at 5:00am, 1:00pm and 6:00pm daily. My dog freaks out and this deer just walks back and forth along the fence and Stella is wiggling out. No fear.
View attachment 220428View attachment 220429
Interesting! How do you think your Shepard would react if there was no fence between them? Cooper ignores the deer we see every day in the woods, but if they're in the yard when we go out early for our morning business, he'll chase them to the edge of the property and then ignore them.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I spent the last 12 years in the food service industry for one of the largest food distributors and worked on a project two years ago involving the delivery of food, equipment, and supplies to Anchorage for redistribution to restaurants, hospitals, schools, hospitality, etc. There's no easy way to do it. Barges are slow and expensive, have a ton of safety regulations, fill up early so you have to reserve space way in advance, and are subject to ocean weather patterns. If you want to truck it, here are almost no roads, and they're through crazy weather and terrain. And those are your only two options. It's priced right. And then the businesses have to make all their money in the tourist season, which lasts about ten minutes.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I worked deeper in Alaska (Kodiak) for two summers in high school and spent a lot of summer in Hawaii so I’m familiar with the premium pricing associated with islands.

When in Kodiak there was only a McDonald’s on the island, we ordered Burger King once early in the week, it was flown in two days later from anchorage frozen in a box with the cooking instructions printed on it. I don’t recall the price but I’m sure it was expensive.

I’m also familiar with tourist / resort pricing. In Cabo the shops don’t even put price stickers on most of their items because their prices change / increase whenever cruise ships are in port.

Still $64 for a crab leg from a crab caught locally? I still have relatives up here that may know what the local restaurants charge. I say may because they often send my family, mostly my mom fresh seafood for free or just the cost of shipping, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t know because they may not eat seafood when they go out.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just noticed that the rib on the cruise ship is a jet boat. On a related note this isn’t really a rib (ridged inflatable boat). Look closely and you can see that the hull is surrounded by fenders not inflatable rubber.
IMG_5733.jpegIMG_5734.jpegIMG_5735.jpeg

I suspect the rib that took me whale watching was as well, the larger of the two boats was. Makes sense given the industry the owners are in (wild life tours).

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Interesting! How do you think your Shepard would react if there was no fence between them? Cooper ignores the deer we see every day in the woods, but if they're in the yard when we go out early for our morning business, he'll chase them to the edge of the property and then ignore them.
Stella is a total nutcase. If she could squeeze through the fence she would definitely attack the deer. She’s a highly defensive and protective dog around the family. Also our deer’s down here are so small, they are about the same size.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Was at our Siemens Energy Orlando campus, the Innovation Center (R&D) and the FAST warehouse by the Orlando airport today.
Engineering challenged the UCF interns in a battle bot challenge, the interns won.
Then we go out to the shop floor and there is the Orange County Chopper Siemens Energy bike, it’s electric.
Then some other random photos I took.
IMG_5667.jpegIMG_5666.jpegIMG_5664.jpegIMG_5665.jpegIMG_5658.jpegIMG_5662.jpegIMG_5660.jpeg

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I worked deeper in Alaska (Kodiak) for two summers in high school and spent a lot of summer in Hawaii so I’m familiar with the premium pricing associated with islands.

When in Kodiak there was only a McDonald’s on the island, we ordered Burger King once early in the week, it was flown in two days later from anchorage frozen in a box with the cooking instructions printed on it. I don’t recall the price but I’m sure it was expensive.

I’m also familiar with tourist / resort pricing. In Cabo the shops don’t even put price stickers on most of their items because their prices change / increase whenever cruise ships are in port.

Still $64 for a crab leg from a crab caught locally? I still have relatives up here that may know what the local restaurants charge. I say may because they often send my family, mostly my mom fresh seafood for free or just the cost of shipping, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t know because they may not eat seafood when they go out.
fair point on the locally sourced stuff!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length