• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Babin Farms I feel like this might be more in your wheelhouse than mine.

We lost a 6in sprinkler supply line for Plant 3 overnight. Had to call in some professionals to get us back up and running! Had 4in of water in the office this morning when we showed up!

IMG_20240710_202419.jpg

PXL_20240709_210827049.jpg

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have never taken or asked for gas money for my watercrafts. If you need gas money than you need to get into a cheaper hobby
I never asked but anytime I was on somebody else’s boat, I would always force money on them. $20 at a minimum helps somewhere. If not gas, then cleaning supplies, water, beer, sunscreen.. I personally think it’s a good gesture to show appreciation. Maybe it’s my Midwest nice lol
Agree with both points, still laughed at the video :D

@Thermobrett I'm with you on that, although our group usually ends up swapping who's taking their boat out for the day, so it tends to even out. We still end up buying for the captain on the trip, at least some small something. Last year, my wife helped force some money on one of the women who had a Girl's Outing, by collecting funds from all the attendees and shooting her a Venmo. That was a bit more extreme, as they ran through about $600 in fuel for the festivities, plus all the "extras" she got for all the ladies. That was a quick move to the hip for all the ladies, like you said, maybe it's just the Midwest nice in 'em all.

@Babin Farms I feel like this might be more in your wheelhouse than mine.

We lost a 6in sprinkler supply line for Plant 3 overnight. Had to call in some professionals to get us back up and running! Had 4in of water in the office this morning when we showed up!

View attachment 223420
Seems like you coulda made lemonade out of those lemons, and sealed it all up, that looks to be swimming pool sized, with a water supply to boot!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I never asked but anytime I was on somebody else’s boat, I would always force money on them. $20 at a minimum helps somewhere. If not gas, then cleaning supplies, water, beer, sunscreen.. I personally think it’s a good gesture to show appreciation. Maybe it’s my Midwest nice lol
That transfer of money makes the outing an illegal charter. Don't tell the Coasty's!

drewkaree

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That transfer of money makes the outing an illegal charter. Don't tell the Coasty's!
I was just repaying them for that $20 they borrowed me earlier in the week. Just got paid, so I finally have the cash to square up with them.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I was just repaying them for that $20 they borrowed me earlier in the week. Just got paid, so I finally have the cash to square up with them.
Again with that Midwest nice lol. Always making sure the people around you are taken care of 😉

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It’s actually a little more nuanced. There is a difference if it’s a voluntary or mandatory payment. According to the Coast Guard,
“If you as a passenger are required to provide any money, fuel, or supplies before or after the operator allows you to get underway on the vessel, the vessel is operating as a passenger vessel and must be operated by an individual who holds a valid Coast Guard issued Merchant Mariner’s License.”

Jim

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
It’s actually a little more nuanced. There is a difference if it’s a voluntary or mandatory payment. According to the Coast Guard,
“If you as a passenger are required to provide any money, fuel, or supplies before or after the operator allows you to get underway on the vessel, the vessel is operating as a passenger vessel and must be operated by an individual who holds a valid Coast Guard issued Merchant Mariner’s License.”

Jim
I wonder how bitcoin works these days 🤣? Somehow somebody will find a way to get around the system, they always do.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Thought this was pretty cool. Our auxiliary flotilla was issued a proclamation from Hillsborough County.
IMG_6063.jpeg

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Jim
What if they pay in gas or ass?

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
A 360' foot bridge built in Italy is making its way through the Erie Canal to its final home at Ralph Wilson Park in Buffalo. The tug is pushing two 195' barges along the route at 5mph, occasionally separating them to move through locks or make tight maneuvers. The pilots and crew are pros, making it look easy. Crossed our lake, about a half mile from our house. Here are a few quick pictures of lock operations and some narrow parts of the barge canal from yesterday...

1720782267397.jpeg

1720782298175.jpeg

1720782326496.jpeg

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A 360' foot bridge built in Italy is making its way through the Erie Canal to its final home at Ralph Wilson Park in Buffalo. The tug is pushing two 195' barges along the route at 5mph, occasionally separating them to move through locks or make tight maneuvers. The pilots and crew are pros, making it look easy. Crossed our lake, about a half mile from our house. Here are a few quick pictures of lock operations and some narrow parts of the barge canal from yesterday...
IMG_1637.gifIMG_1638.gif

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I wonder how this conversation is going…
IMG_6097.jpeg

drewkaree

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

drewkaree

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1000024097.jpg

1000024098.jpg

Learn from my stubbornness and stupidity 🤦‍♂️

If you are invested in the Dewalt 20v world, just go buy this damn light so you have easy access to additional power if you do any boating at night and need some help.

I'll edit this to add the link from Amazon. The only thing to concern yourself with is that you don't spend over $80-ish for this. It ranges from $80 to $120, and it has ALWAYS dropped into the 80's eventually

Link:

DEWALT 20V MAX LED Work Light, Handheld Spotlight with 508 Yard Distance, Pivoting Head, 1500 Lumens, Cordless, Battery Not Included (DCL043)

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Crappy pic but lucky me, I happened to be up when a sudden windstorm hit our camp site. I was able to pull the trailer canopy in but I saw my pop ups go flying and got to help clean up the mess, all before 5 in the morning. IMG_6326.jpegIMG_6325.jpeg