• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

The plan WAS to take 2 relatives out on the boat this weekend, but the one who really needed it had to back out. The other one took the wife out shopping all weekend, so I was able to get the scooter fleet squared away.

New batteries for all, and the battery tender plugs finally installed, with a facepalm learning experience, not realizing there's an ECM reset that had to be performed. I was stumped, wondering how a brand new battery was now resulting in a hard start and bogging when I finally WAS able to get the first test case started.

All is good, except for the Metropolitan, as it's a PITA to deal with the battery, and this one takes a different battery size than what was stated, for some reason.

All in all, not bad for 7-year-old batteries that weren't really all that well cared for. Possibly gonna look at lifepo4 batteries when these give up the ghost, but the juice isn't worth the squeeze at this point.

1000027744.jpg

1000027745.jpg

The plan WAS to take 2 relatives out on the boat this weekend, but the one who really needed it had to back out. The other one took the wife out shopping all weekend, so I was able to get the scooter fleet squared away.

New batteries for all, and the battery tender plugs finally installed, with a facepalm learning experience, not realizing there's an ECM reset that had to be performed. I was stumped, wondering how a brand new battery was now resulting in a hard start and bogging when I finally WAS able to get the first test case started.

All is good, except for the Metropolitan, as it's a PITA to deal with the battery, and this one takes a different battery size than what was stated, for some reason.

All in all, not bad for 7-year-old batteries that weren't really all that well cared for. Possibly gonna look at lifepo4 batteries when these give up the ghost, but the juice isn't worth the squeeze at this point.

View attachment 227062

View attachment 227063
Scoots are a lot of fun

Scoots are a lot of fun
Agreed, a slow back roads cruise with the Fukawi gang is a good day in the books.

Still have an issue with the one that's missing the battery cover. Brand new battery, ECM reset done, it's still stock as far as I can tell, but it won't start with the start button. Kicks fine, but I'd like to save the Kickstart for emergency

1000027779.jpg

We've been busy with the Mustang. I installed mufflers with electric valves so it's a bit louder, but don't annoy the neighbors. Got on order some bearings to replace the control arm bushings. This Friday we pick up a 2025 Yamaha Aerox 155 so we can get around the city better. Big plus that we will save on gas. Premium gas is a little more than $5/gallon right now. Next year we have to figure out the boatless situation. I miss my 242.

47801c0e-43fb-498e-b676-3ee88ae3ffbd.JPG

77542859-4f42-4168-828b-61fb537db5bc.JPG
8FEF4646-06EF-4910-ABD3-8301D5463E48.JPG

IMG_1292.jpg

Just finished custom closets in all four bedrooms. The master bedroom closet (wife’s) was the most work. Ended up adding an outlet, painting and installing four Ikea wardrobe units:

IMG_0700.jpegIMG_0701.jpeg
IMG_0703.jpeg

Still need to do the LVP flooring for the whole downstairs (2,400 square feet) minus the two downstairs bathrooms. Gotta say, the IKEA units continue to get better and better.

Jim

Just finished custom closets in all four bedrooms. The master bedroom closet (wife’s) was the most work. Ended up adding an outlet, painting and installing four Ikea wardrobe units:

View attachment 227108View attachment 227110
View attachment 227111

Still need to do the LVP flooring for the whole downstairs (2,400 square feet) minus the two downstairs bathrooms. Gotta say, the IKEA units continue to get better and better.

Jim
Cant show my wife this post or i will have another project. Lol

Agreed, a slow back roads cruise with the Fukawi gang is a good day in the books.

Still have an issue with the one that's missing the battery cover. Brand new battery, ECM reset done, it's still stock as far as I can tell, but it won't start with the start button. Kicks fine, but I'd like to save the Kickstart for emergency

View attachment 227065
Those scooters are cool!!!

We were up in Northern Wisconsin over the weekend and saw more ATV's/UTV's than cars. I've rented them a few times and would like to get one but there aren't many places you can drive them around our town. :-/

Back