• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This one is more about what I hear a couple hundred yards to my South. They sounded closer, recorded on old iPhone se.

I am not on the menu. This morning about 9:00 am.

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not a lot of fish but a great day with Gracie
Lots of smalls we couldn’t keep

IMG_4764.jpegIMG_4767.jpeg

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The wife got a great “moon” shot yesterday but I doubt ya’ll want to see it since it’s me jumping in that waterfall pool butt naked!! We were the only ones there! Crazy how remote Belize still is.

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is the way our morning started, doesn't look like much but a big breakfast burrito on a fresh homemade tortilla

IMG_6962.jpegIMG_6964.jpeg

fishing a lock at the brazos river and intercostal,
caught 10 black drum in about an hour

IMG_6978.jpeg

this was the end of the day,
1 red fish
10 black drum
10 sheepshead
2 whitting
a bunch of small reds that we threw back
1 24" speckled trout that we lost at the boat, 1ft from having him in the net !!

IMG_4785.jpeg

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Record high temps. here for mid February. A new high of 56°F yesterday smashed the old record high of 46°F. Sap has been running for a couple of days straight, with no nighttime freeze up.
I am only about half tapped at this point, due to some wind damage, but I have walked a few miles, looking for vacuum leaks and that paid off.

View attachment 215006

Sap collected overnight.

View attachment 215007

An example of a vacuum leak that I find. Rodents.

View attachment 215008

Yes, those two little knicks on a 5/16” section of tubing. They all add up.
Anyway, shipped 2400 gallons yesterday. First of the season.

Balmy here. Almost time to open the pool. ;) People are fishing/trolling on the Lake and catching Salmon and Lake Trout. Many ramps stayed open this Winter.

View attachment 215009
I read about the "Bird-Friendly Maple Project " up in your area to get the maple trees down to 75% of the forest. The idea to improve the bird population which should also help with insects etc. I know you get to have some kind of seal to show how eco the product is. I was just wondering what your thoughts were since this is right up your alley (well maple alley).

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Oh we are bird friendly. I do not sell maple syrup as a finished product. I sell raw maple sap to Green Mtn. Mainline, a big sugarmaker a couple of towns over. We do run our operation organically, and get a premium for that.

The real bird friendly place on the farm is the blueberry field, again organic. No spray. No neonicotinoids to harm the bumble bee population. A bee survey about 10 years ago by UVM found a species of bumble they did not know existed in Vermont in our field. Our pick your own customers remark about the birds frequently. Scarlet Taningers. Baltimore Orioles, Cedar Waxwings, Cardinals, Jay's, etc.

It is a love/hate relationship as they eat a lot.

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I read about the "Bird-Friendly Maple Project " up in your area to get the maple trees down to 75% of the forest. The idea to improve the bird population which should also help with insects etc. I know you get to have some kind of seal to show how eco the product is. I was just wondering what your thoughts were since this is right up your alley (well maple alley).
I did say we were bird friendly...the grouse can be very friendly. The snipe (woodcock) is just horny.
20240229_094049.jpg
20240229_094029.jpg

20240229_094327.jpg

Last edited:

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Oh we are bird friendly. I do not sell maple syrup as a finished product. I sell raw maple sap to Green Mtn. Mainline, a big sugarmaker a couple of towns over. We do run our operation organically, and get a premium for that.

The real bird friendly place on the farm is the blueberry field, again organic. No spray. No neonicotinoids to harm the bumble bee population. A bee survey about 10 years ago by UVM found a species of bumble they did not know existed in Vermont in our field. Our pick your own customers remark about the birds frequently. Scarlet Taningers. Baltimore Orioles, Cedar Waxwings, Jay's, etc.

It is a love/hate relationship as they eat a lot.
We buy our syrup at our local farmers market and it's from a lady up your way. She comes down here during the summer months. I think she has family down here as you can catch her every now and again during the winter with a little bit of stock. Wife happened to catch her semi recently and bought her last few bottles. That should last us until she comes back in the summer. Which seems odd to come here during the summer cause it's hot AF. LOL!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1000002013.jpg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This one is more about what I hear a couple hundred yards to my South. They sounded closer, recorded on old iPhone se.

I am not on the menu. This morning about 9:00 am.

OK, I'm like a deaf T-Rex here. I can only see things if they're moving, and I can't hear shit. What's happening here?

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
OK, I'm like a deaf T-Rex here. I can only see things if they're moving, and I can't hear shit. What's happening here?
Turn up the volume! A pack of coyotes retreating down the valley as they saw/heard me starting my day in the woods. They were very loud and I took pause to make sure they were not circling around, mistaking me as prey.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I don't have that kind of money to throw at pranks! o_O Whaddaya got, like a thousand bucks in skulls there?!?
One for $28 in a fire pit will be enough HAHAHA
they are ceramic and "reusable"

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
My wife, adult daughter, and I are currently in Ricon, Puerto Rico, visiting my wife’s parents (who both are in their 90’s). As we often do, we have rented a house at the beach. A bit overcast this evening, but here are a few pictures taken about an hour ago:
IMG_9650.jpeg
IMG_9652.jpeg

This is a local craft beer from Ocean Lab brewing company, a small local brewery. Didn’t think I would enjoy this beer as much as I have - it’s pretty damn good:
IMG_9654.jpeg

Sitting here cruising the internet, as we have temporarily lost power (probably until midnight), but the house generator has kicked in:
IMG_9669.jpeg

Jim