• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Statefarm boat insurance

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am working homeahow for my company this weekend and statefarm is across aisle from us.

I asked an agent what their actual coverage was because I've heard its up to 75miles off us and Canadian coast but it also states only covered in US waters.

She called underwriters right then on my behalf and asked. They told her if it happens outside of US waters it's not covered.

However, having conversation with the agent herself I mentioned well I guess that's when I call seatow and they get me back into US waters. She said good point we dont jnow where the issue occured.

So basically just make sure you arent in the waters of another country call your tow service then once back to US waters call in claim

Or if you know you're going on a trip out of US waters (like Bimini) you can have a rider added for just that trip. My parents used to do it all the time when we used to cross up into Canada when I was a kid.

Will SeaTow cross international boundaries to tow? I wouldn't think so as they would be in the same boat as you...Uninsured.

My State Farm policy explicitly covers the Bahamas - no two policies are a like!

My State Farm policy explicitly covers the Bahamas - no two policies are a like!
She couldn't explain that. The agent I spoke to. She asked underwriter. Wondering if it's one agent sticking head out and others not.

My agent has a latitude and longitude boundary that cover 90% of the bahamas... and tow boat us will not come into bahamian waters to tow.... ask me how I know.. (incert sad face)

Back