• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Sticky gooey edge on my table top....anyone else?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So, much like the edge of my storage closet (see this thread for details on that) my table top is sticky goo on the trim edge. Has anyone else got this problem and solved it? Figure I'd ask here before investigating a solution!

This is the the sort of table I refer to (Thanks @farrelltravis for posting the pic and reminding me I wanted to ask about this!), but not identical to my year.

20140628_182911_resized-jpg.7791

Nevermind the glue @Julian take a look at that girl in the pic!!!;)

On a serious note, no, I have not had any issues with glue on the table. If I did, I would assume some goo gone would work, but I am just guessing since I have never seen the problem.

Interesting my table has no edge banding so no source of glue. The bottom edge of my table is smooth enough not to need anything extra.

@Julian I have some of the door trim left over probably enough to go around a table. Or you can just remove the trim and clean off the goo.

The older boat have a table with an unfinished edge.... I need to study it when I'm on the boat, but it seemed to me to be a thicker edge, but perhaps I am remembering wrong....

@andy07sx230ho I'll take you up on that if I eyeball it and it looks like it would work!

I'm not getting it.... Is it the entire edge or a spot? Is it from sitting on something or is the plastic degrading and becoming sticky?

I'm not getting it.... Is it the entire edge or a spot? Is it from sitting on something or is the plastic degrading and becoming sticky?
My model year (yours too) has a trim edge on it that is very similar to the edge on the storage compartment. It is oozing glue from it just like the storage edge trim was. So I need to pull it off and replace it with new edge. Next time I'm out I'll snap some pics and eyeball it to see if the same trim looks like it would work.

Gotcha! To be honest, I have not ever used my table and never looked at the edging.

Don't have that on mine, but I'll second the suggestion of Goo-Gone. That stuff works wonders.

How about sanding the goo off and leaving the edge trim off?

......and are those Brussel sprouts @farrelltravis ?? Never had them on the grill. Do tell more.

@Murf'n'surf Yes - those are brussell sprouts that we did on the grill. They came out good. I was on the boat, so my cooking seasonings were limited. If I were at home, I would suggest to cook them on a skewer to be able to easily turn them. I had to turn them one at a time. I would have also basted them with butter periodically and added a little seasoning. But, even without any butter or seasoning, they still were good.

BRUSSELS SPROUTS? :eek:
My 2008 and my 2012 SX 230/240 do not have edge trim on the table. My table(s) looks just like @farrelltravis except for the brussel sprouts and the his dinner companion!

I bet they would be good in a BGE!

Never was a fan...but I did have a taste in Long Beach at a bar/grill I can't remember the name of, that was pretty good, and they were disguised very well! Did you do the steaks on the grill as well there Travis? I had to pick up my chain saw yesterday and the bill was $356, I was also at West Marine yesterday, and had received an email flyer that the infra red version of the magma was on sale up to $100 off. I looked at them and it looked like the same as the regular except with 3 diffuser plates over the flavor bar. I also read a caution about running at max temp with the lid closed, that it would discolor, warp, and overheat the grill...that you had to use the temp indicator to keep the temp out of the red zone. If I hadn't had the big bill on the chain saw, it would have been tempting. But I am running out of storage space already! Sorry for the highjack! Except to throw it back on topic...I guess the grill adds to the sticky gooey mess on the boat!

I love brussell sprouts. I love artichokes too. I suppose I am just weird, but I really do like them.

Yes, I did the steaks on the grill too. It was all really good. I love having that grill on board!

To heck with the chainsaw - get the grill! You can cut wood in the winter and deal with the chainsaw then!

Back