• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stuck clean out plug.

Eric Popper

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fill hole above cleanup with ice and let is sit for an hour. Try again.

This worked for me. Now to avoid this, I remove the clean outs after every outing. Haven't had a stuck port since I bought the boat.

Where do you boat in IL?

Eric

pumps and hose

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mostly the Illinois in Ottawa or the Rock in Oregon with a few trips down to Clinton or Shelbyville. We are out of Dekalb.

Eric Popper

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have only been on the Illinois once for the fall Peoria trip. We keep the boat on the Chain of Lakes at Fox Lake.

Hope you get the cleanup port fixed!

Eric

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

pumps and hose

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome thanks Julian I promise I searched (all be it briefly) first. Lol

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If none of that works, I have one of these I could loan out:
88273690-02E9-43F7-B03F-EF92B6335043.jpeg
I only needed it when I first bought the boat and they were stuck. After I did a rebuild and cleaned things up they come in and out like butter.

Also, search feature on the site is great; but we are definitely to the point where there is so much content it can be VERY hard to find what you know you saw somewhere.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I always pull my plugs after a weekend outing.. and I spray the plugs with silicon. Never have had any problems with sticking!

Papa

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I used one of my bow ropes and put the loop around the "T" handle and wrapped the rope around a paddle handle and pried it out. Worked great. I also remove mine so I don't have to use that. I use old suntan lotion on mine. Seems to work good and beats throwing a have used bottle of lotion away.
Papa

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yep...remove them when stored. Of course when I was prepping my boat, I forgot to look at the plugs...as the Yamaha techs were the last ones running the boat. I surely hope they removed them before she got put away for the winter (as I didn't think to check).

on my 09, I did what Papa did...used a bow line around the t handle and it popped right up. As others have said, rebuilding them will cure this problem, then use some spray silicone grease on them.

Zonie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine were stuck when I got the boat. I used ice and a floor jack on top of a couple 4x4s. Once I got them out I did what most of us have done, rebuilt them and always take them out.

Tip: I leave the handle on the hatch in the up position so I remember to put the plugs back in.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My trick is one of these that I carabiner to the swim step handle between the upper and lower areas:
https://www.amazon.com/Remove-Before-Flight-Banner-Streamer/dp/B00900OHDC/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1528228101&sr=8-7&keywords=remove+before+flight+tags

My thought is if I see that big ole flag it serves two purposes: 1) put the damn drain plug in, and then 2) put in the plug before going any deeper into the boat.

when I leave the boat in the wet slip at the lake, I clip that thing around the bottom of the steering wheel. This reminds me to open the waterbed pump handle and put in the plugs.

...Yep...protecting myself from my own stupidity as best I can.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I lay mine sideways in the holes after each day, only 1 time did I go out and forget . Im like what is that noise as I was idling away ??/ chit the plugs..lol

Irial29

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine were stuck when I got the boat. I used ice and a floor jack on top of a couple 4x4s. Once I got them out I did what most of us have done, rebuilt them and always take them out.

Tip: I leave the handle on the hatch in the up position so I remember to put the plugs back in.
The floor jack method worked great for me - thanks Zonie!

Landmark

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Greetings to all- and thanks for the great ideas to address this problem. I was finally able to get mine out using a hydraulic jack and some Romex that I had laying around. Here are some photos.

Attachments

Eric Popper

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My plugs were stuck when I bought my boat 8 years ago. I used ice to get them out.

Since then I leave the plugs out after every outing and at the end of the season clean the tubes out well. No problems since.

Eric

ShesCrafty

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I lay mine sideways in the holes after each day, only 1 time did I go out and forget . Im like what is that noise as I was idling away ??/ chit the plugs..lol
I do the same - after every time out on the water. (I believe it was what the dealer advised.) Seven years in Yamaha boats - never a stuck plug, never a need to lubricate, never a need to rebuild.