• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Brand New 2017 Yamaha AR195 and SX195

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
On the Yamaha website I saw they have "Hinged Seat Cushions" in the full specs section.
yup they are standard on every model now (except FSH). I'll take the small hit in opening space vs having to remove a cushion and all the wear and tear and inconvenience involved with it.

kindtampa

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also looks like "Windshield Mirror" is standard also.... Under Full Specs Exterior.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Also looks like "Windshield Mirror" is standard also.... Under Full Specs Exterior.
It's always been there for the AR series. It's just a suction cup mirror. I haven't used mine yet to see if its any good or not.

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe you can upgrade the hinges on the older models.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe you can upgrade the hinges on the older models.
I think the seats and cushions are completely redesigned. At least on the 240 those are totally different.
I actually liked the older style better for just seating comfort, but of course having hinges super-seeds that.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
It's always been there for the AR series. It's just a suction cup mirror. I haven't used mine yet to see if its any good or not.
It is just north of worthless.

kindtampa

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Attachments

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Bummer! That makes not upgrading a little easier to swallow :D. They really should add hinged seats across the board so I guess there's always next year. By then it will probably be a completely redesigned 19' like the 21 and 24 footers got.

BTW I called my dealer today just for shits and giggles to see what a trade would look like. He said he'll have more info and call me in a few days. He also said they did not see the 19' changes coming but fully expected the new 21's. I honestly don't see myself upgrading but if the deal doesn't hurt the wallet too bad I might just make the jump to the AR195. It would save me from having to buy all the motor and cooling mods for my 192. Wonder what a 2016 AR192 with 13.6 hours and a fresh 10 hour service would go for on trade in lol?

Last edited:

sx998

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No big surprise that they put the SVHO intercooler in the 195's. Theres no desire for me to upgrade to the 195. Its a better boat but not by much.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No big surprise that they put the SVHO intercooler in the 195's. Theres no desire for me to upgrade to the 195. Its a better boat but not by much.
I would agree, the gain in power is about 20% in SVHO, much of which can probably be added back with the intercooler in SHO.

However, the real key to performance is utilizing this power with the 160mm 8-vane pump. That to me is the real difference, and it is not a doable upgrade with the HO/SHO 155mm (6-vane) pump.

sx998

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No doubt it will be faster but not enough for me to pay thousands more for. Not for me. Since I upgraded the intercooler I've never felt like the boat needed more power even though more would be better
Now if I didn't have a 192 I would buy a 195 over the 192.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Why did Yamaha go away from Clarion stereo system only on AR195?

dbrunone

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Are there any pics of the keel on the 19ft boats?? I'd like to see how they did that with the jet nozzle in the middle

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are there any pics of the keel on the 19ft boats?? I'd like to see how they did that with the jet nozzle in the middle
They added the keel to the 19' boats last year and I believe the 2017's are the same back there. The rudder is an extension of the keel ride plate. Here is a pick of mine.

Attachments

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is no keel in 190/192/195s hulls... :confused:

dbrunone

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
There is no keel in 190/192/195s hulls... :confused:
What? From the Yamaha site on 19ft boats: "Yamaha Advanced Responsive Handling includes the award winning Articulating Keel, No Wake Mode™ and Thrust Directional Enhancer."

https://yamahaboats.com/19-ft-boats/

I did not think 2016's had this, I thought 2016 was all 24ft upgrades??

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What? From the Yamaha site on 19ft boats: "Yamaha Advanced Responsive Handling includes the award winning Articulating Keel, No Wake Mode™ and Thrust Directional Enhancer."

https://yamahaboats.com/19-ft-boats/

I did not think 2016's had this, I thought 2016 was all 24ft upgrades??
It is not a new hull with full length keel like the 24' boats (and now 2017 21' boats). For the 19's they did not redesign the hull but rather added a ride plate that has a "keel"/fin and then a rudder attached at the end of it that moves with the steering linkage. You won't see a full keel until they full redesign the hull on the 19' I'm guessing next year or so.

That being said I absolutely love the keel/rudder on my AR192. It tracks straight and you can drive without hands. It hold very well and doesn't slide out in hard turns. It also handles great around the dock at slow speed and I don't feel a need for Cobra or JBP fins.

Last edited:

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, I'm assuming the 195's will have as bad, if not worse fuel mileage than the current 192's :(
This should be called the "Clean Fuel and Cruise" feature. Same with my LS2000, every time I go out, I get to put clean and fresh fuel in. I never worry about whether the fuel will go bad