• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Brand New 2017 Yamaha AR195 and SX195

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Dieselmore

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's a good thing Yamaha gave the 5 year trade in deal when I bought my boat. Hopefully we'll have a house built on some property by then (the goal at least). Then I won't have to settle for a HOA friendly 19 footer. Hmm..... maybe I'll start talking to my wife about our new 5 year plan that should include a 242x bahahahaha.... (disclaimer: such talk may end your marriage bahahaha)

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Couple more weeks.... I keep telling myself I can wait..... Tic toc tic toc...:cool::cool:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Somehow missing from the 195 model discussion here is one important fact:

SVHOs require PREMIUM fuel.
As in 91+ octane.

It maybe something many prospective buyers would want to consider.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did the SHOs in the 192 not require premium? Given these boats use a lot of fuel, would a twin TR1 (115 hp) setup be more efficient with similar performance? Do any of the jetboat makers offer a twin engine option in their 19 footers?

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Somehow missing from the 195 model discussion here is one important fact:

SVHOs require PREMIUM fuel.
As in 91+ octane.

It maybe something many prospective buyers would want to consider.
Thank you for the reminder. I forgot I had read that in the info somewhere ..

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did the SHOs in the 192 not require premium?
Technically not.
The 87 octane has more "punch" as it ignites faster, just don't use it if you turn up the boost or increase the compression.
The only thing octane does is prevent detonation in the combustion chamber before a spark is introduced, more compression needs more octane.

Thomas DePriest

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Did the SHOs in the 192 not require premium? Given these boats use a lot of fuel, would a twin TR1 (115 hp) setup be more efficient with similar performance? Do any of the jetboat makers offer a twin engine option in their 19 footers?
I am by no means up to date on all the information but I believe they Yamaha only offers a twin in the 21 & 24 not the 19. The new AR 210 is something that I want to see the performance numbers on. It has the new (to the boat) TR-1 High Output and if I am not mistaken is a 3-cylinder engine. According to my Yamaha dealer, each engine is 123 horsepower (~246 total). Now what I would like to see is a comparison of the new AR195 to the AR 210. The 210 is two feet longer and 1000 lbs heavier with the same relative horsepower but coming from two engines. Should have more torque and pull much better, right?

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe they are 115 each. There is no way the heavier less powered 210 will match the performance of a 195.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Technically not.
The 87 octane has more "punch" as it ignites faster, just don't use it if you turn up the boost or increase the compression.
The only thing octane does is prevent detonation in the combustion chamber before a spark is introduced, more compression needs more octane.
Isn't it true that the waverunners with the same SHO engine, recommend premium or did I read something that is wrong?

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do any of the 19 foot Scarab, Glastron, or Chapparal jetboats come with twin engines?

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Scarab only has single engine offerings in the 19' range
Chapparral has a 20' that you can get with twin engines
Glastron only has single engine offerings. 18' and 20'

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Chapperal offers twins in it's 20' (they don't have a 19'). Of course, once you load it out the way you'd want it it's almost $50k.

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Isn't it true that the waverunners with the same SHO engine, recommend premium or did I read something that is wrong?
SHO cruiser manual states to use just regular unleaded fuel. However, most everyone on greenhulk uses higher octane.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if the issue is engine compartment space? I wonder if twin TR1 (they are tiny) would fit in a 19 foot compartment for Yamaha?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I wonder if the issue is engine compartment space? I wonder if twin TR1 (they are tiny) would fit in a 19 foot compartment for Yamaha?
Not the way it is currently configured...no way. Could it be done...sure! Yamaha used to have a twin engine 19' boat....the LS2000 series. I owned an LX210 (which despite the name was an 19' twin engine jet boat). It has twin 135hp engines and was a BLAST to drive. Twin TR-1s in a 19' boat would be cool...

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I'll be surprised to see them do so due to the manufacturing costs. By having only one engine compartment design and utilizing two existing platform engines in the single engine configuration, they are saving a good bit. It would be too cool though.

Thomas DePriest

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I believe they are 115 each. There is no way the heavier less powered 210 will match the performance of a 195.
That is what I thought but the salesman at the Yamaha place kept saying that because two engines are pulling instead of one it would still pull better than the single engine. I don't understand how but I would really like to see some performance numbers on both the new AR195 and AR210.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Tic toc tic toc... My Ar195 is in transport... Going crazy here:confused::confused::confused::confused:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is what I thought but the salesman at the Yamaha place kept saying that because two engines are pulling instead of one it would still pull better than the single engine. I don't understand how but I would really like to see some performance numbers on both the new AR195 and AR210.
195 should be faster. But I wouldn't be surprised if 210 has a better hole shot.