• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The day has finally come

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

This is how I feel since I found this forum a few months ago. After all the wait and jealous voyeurism, my boat will be at Falls Lake Friday morning! My 2017 Chaparral 203 Vortex VRX is being delivered and I will be spending the morning with the sales rep walking through the ins and outs, then hopefully spending sometime with the marina getting to know the do's and don't there. I have already laid down the law with ropes behind the boat and my wife thinks I am nuts and tells everyone I am finally involved with social media thanks to this site. Hope to see some of you this weekend - and if ya'll want to get a closer look at a Chap you are more than welcome anytime. Picture will follow this weekend - weather looks great!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Congratulations!!! And welcome to social media at its finest.:winkingthumbsup"

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome, and your right, the site is the best. Just wish my other hobby forums would update their site to be sooo user friendly.

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat , now get some pics up ! :winkingthumbsup"

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have no idea where I will be. We will obviously start and finish at the marina, C-52, but beyond that I do not yet know the lake and where I should be or will be going. I will keep an eye out for ya as I am tooling around, breaking in and learning the ropes.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'll keep an eye out for you too. What color is your boat? My slip is B20.

Your best bet is to just go out into what I refer to as the "big area" of the lake....leave the marina and head to the left. The only thing you need to be aware of is that there is ONE shallow spot in the middle of the big area ....marked by 2 white warning bouys. Other than that...the big area is all ok from a depth perspective.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I can't believe you teased us with no photo! We are people too. You can't do this. We want photos!

Ps enjoy the boat you have been patiently waiting for!

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Julian Similar color scheme to yours - blue - white - black. I have seen your boat at the marina a few times. Want to get the same lift once I can actually get them to respond to me.
As for pictures - those will be up soon! Can't wait!

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jet Blue. I mostly stay east of the 50 bridge. Deep water for the most part. Nothing against the "big" part of the lake but the times I have gone the water was choppy. Most likely due to the wind in the wide open area. @Julian might have some secret areas to go though. East of the bridge most of the wind is blocked by the trees so it makes it calmer for water sports. I have never seen it what I would call crowded. Occasionally fishermen sit right in the middle of the channel but other that that not bad. Plenty of room and you can always find a cove to relax in. I am heading north for a wedding this weekend but will be back on the water the next weekend. Maybe I will see you out there. Have fun and congrats!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian Similar color scheme to yours - blue - white - black. I have seen your boat at the marina a few times. Want to get the same lift once I can actually get them to respond to me.
As for pictures - those will be up soon! Can't wait!
Who are you having trouble getting a response from? Airdock or the marina. Airdock does better with phone calls--email...not their strength!

@96Pirate The big lake can get choppy when its windy so many avoid it because of that. But if you figure out which way the wind is coming from you just hug that side of the lake (but don't tell anyone this or my secret will be ruined!) LOL

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats @Jet Blue i cant wait to see your pics. Good luck with the delivery.

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Airdock certainly has not embraced 21st century communication trends.

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
First day out and certainly an experience. Lots to learn and lots to do. Sub speaker mount rattles like my old VW Scirocco license plate did when the 15's were thumping back in the day. I'll have to get that fixed. Also, analog fuel gauge is not functioning, but all is good with the medallion as that is showing fuel correctly. This model has the true neutral, lighted speakers, and the stereo is in the medallion. Even had the privilege of shaking @Julian hand while at the marina. More work and play tomorrow.

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
GOPR0046.JPG GOPR0006.JPG GOPR0039.JPG

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Confused by analog fuel gauge. Where is that? Can't believe I have an analog gauge and never seen/noticed it. I have the medallion display also and that is where I see my fuel level like you also mentioned.

Also- is that a speaker in your under seat storage area where your bumpers are?

Boat is beautiful!!! Congrats and enjoy!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How does it acheive a "true neutral"? I'd read this as it disengages the impeller....if so...that would be really cool!

Glad we got to meet today....sorry about the phone mishap! Look foward to seeing you out there tomorrow for a tour!

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That speaker is the sub behind the captain's chair. Its the one that has a good rattle to it. I need to reinforce the wall it is mounted to. My analog fuel gauge is to the right of the medallion. I'll try to remember and get a better picture today. As for the "true neutral", not really sure how that is achieved and it might be slightly more gimmicked than shutting down the impeller. I will try to play with that as well today. There are setting in the medallion (+ and -) for the neutral. Slow speed maneuvering was odd to me yesterday, so beware if anyone sees me on the water today! This I certainly will be practicing.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The "neutral" is achieved by small adjustments of the bucket by a servo on the medallion. It will still be moving water by you get to move the bucket up or down to get the correct split of forward reverse water. I think it was mentioned in the Chap forum. The IST system.

Here you go @Julian

https://jetboaters.net/threads/what-is-ist-ereverse.8806/