• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
whoa..no idea that ticket would be that much

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not exactly a "did to your boat"...but...

In May on one of the 1st outing on the new to us boat, I didn't have my 12 yo put on a PFD, the Police man pulled up and wrote me a ticket. Totally my fault. "Wait 21 days and call the judge" they said - they couldn't find the Ticket after four calls about four weeks apart. Yesterday they found the Ticket; $336 Fine, or Community Service, or Court Cost +Admin Fee + Boat Safety Course - I took the latter and it end up costing me ~$160.

Took the test yesterday and got 73/75 right on the 1st try and got my Certificate to satisfy my judgement against me.

I guess that is something I did for the boat?
Both of my kids know that any time the engines are running they are required to have their PFD on & it doesn't matter to me what state, country or body of water we are in. I've warned them multiple times leaving or returning to the marina when they "forget" that if I get a ticket because of them that they are going to pay it out of their own money.

Last edited:

oramac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got my Jewls custom grill stanchion and my Magma grill set up today, thanks to the group at the Shelbyville meet. My wife and I smelling the good food being cooked on everyone else's boats made this a done deal. 👍

IMG_20220818_170651393_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220818_170716703_HDR.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks good - any ghosting under the decals? I kinda want to pull mine, but 5 years and a black hull... I'm a little nervous (and dont feel like wetsanding the whole boat to get it to look good).
No ghosting. I used the heat gun to start it peeling then just peeled it all off. The residual adhesive I couldnt wipe off with acetone, so I just sprayed some DeBond on it and it came right off. Then I cleaned where everything was with Acetone. Can't tell there where any graphics on it.

CaptRedbeard

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks good - any ghosting under the decals? I kinda want to pull mine, but 5 years and a black hull... I'm a little nervous (and dont feel like wetsanding the whole boat to get it to look good).
I don't think you're gonna get any ghosting, it'll just be the garbage that's accumulated around the edges, and that should clean off reasonably well, and a nice buffing might be all you need. I really think the wetsanding for something like this would be more of an issue on lighter colors.

Alexegan88

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Spark plug change on 2022 252SE, I noticed the factory installed spark plugs were not properly gapped according to the manual (.8-.9). They had the same gap for the new plugs out the box which was around.7. The first illustration instructions on the spark plug box are to gap - I saw a couple YouTube videos installing the same exact plugs and saying they were pre-gapped, which does not appear to be true. Probably not a material difference anyway, but thought I would share in case it’s helpful.

3855BD29-406F-4342-99AB-9B2102F671D9.jpeg
BEFC1D69-A551-47E3-94E9-81A298499E77.jpeg
55958EEB-1937-420C-AE3F-F3E1810158B3.jpeg

Alexegan88

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Question, for a 2022 252SE I noticed when overfilling the oil, the oil began to seep quickly out of the engine and into the bilge. Although I didn’t see where. Clearly there has to be some sort of overflow port/valve now. On prior engines, I read somewhere on here that excess oil flow back up to the air filter. I pulled the air filter off and it was spotless. I also had read that this can foul the spark plugs, which is why I went ahead and changed them. So I’m not sure where exactly this port is and of course I don’t want to continue overfilling again in order to test, LOL i’m finding it difficult to get a read with the dipstick to see if I am still overfilled. Anyone?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess i don't understand. Why were you overfilling the oil? Were you trying to?

To check the dipstick dunk it in the tube then pull it out and lay it on a white paper towel, it will absorb right to the level marking it. Easiest way to read new oil on a dipstick.

Alexegan88

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I guess i don't understand. Why were you overfilling the oil? Were you trying to?

To check the dipstick dunk it in the tube then pull it out and lay it on a white paper towel, it will absorb right to the level marking it. Easiest way to read new oil on a dipstick.
Initially it would not read on the dipstick at all so I thought I was under and added a little more when it started overflowing. I later learned that you should run it for 30 seconds to get a more accurate reading, and of course then it’s reading at the max. I really want to learn where this overflow comes from.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Initially it would not read on the dipstick at all so I thought I was under and added a little more when it started overflowing. I later learned that you should run it for 30 seconds to get a more accurate reading, and of course then it’s reading at the max. I really want to learn where this overflow comes from.
Make sure the oil is warm and boat level when measuring the oil level. It is much less forgiving than an automobile. Above the lower mark is all you need to be. No extra points for getting it close to the high side.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
210 FSH casting platform is installed and in use. I love it. Some minor issues with the kit, but overall really solid and well designed. Sent the wrong color SeaDek edge strips, and four bolts were too short to hold the starboard platform supports. Local hardware store had the right screws, so that was easily rectified.

1661082951064.jpeg

1661082964274.jpeg

1661082987829.jpeg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fixed all my oopses. Got a DeWalt buffer this morning and put it to use immediately. Wet sanded last night. Looks brand new.
Yes that is what I used on when I did my gel coat. Works fantastic.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ordered a Krypt double surf rack today. My boat came with no racks and I’m tired of having the giant foil board taking up half the boat or having to take the mast off more than once a day.

I got the Yamaha specific quick release version that should level out well with our tower and I can easily remove the rack for storage.

I didn’t go for the swivel yet as I don’t think it will swivel well with a foil in there anyway and I didn’t get authorization from the admiral for this purchase…$280 feels like it will be a lot easier to explain than $480 when she figures it out. We’ll see!

Alexegan88

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Upgraded the winch to the DL 3200lb. Should make it a bit easier for my wife/kids to crank. That said on our last outing I sprayed some liquid roller on the bunks and MAN did that make a difference too. Stuff is magic. Also knocked out an oil change.

FB5639AA-D15C-455F-99AD-3E07E661CACB.jpeg
6B18F23C-67F1-4134-B539-CF97F5529C47.jpeg
A347FE0A-ECC9-454E-9008-9E1A393FA066.jpeg

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
210 FSH casting platform is installed and in use. I love it. Some minor issues with the kit, but overall really solid and well designed. Sent the wrong color SeaDek edge strips, and four bolts were too short to hold the starboard platform supports. Local hardware store had the right screws, so that was easily rectified.

View attachment 186301

View attachment 186302
You have any more pictures or details of that canopy?