• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@swatski please tell me more about this impeller swap...

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last night I did the ribbon delete on out AR190. Used the RIVA ring and RIVA performance air filter. Took about an hour and was very easy. Hardest part was getting the dam filter and airbox back together. We are going out today to see how it does. I started it briefly after install and the engine sounded much throatier and deep. I liked it!!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Last night I did the ribbon delete on out AR190. Used the RIVA ring and RIVA performance air filter. Took about an hour and was very easy. Hardest part was getting the dam filter and airbox back together. We are going out today to see how it does. I started it briefly after install and the engine sounded much throatier and deep. I liked it!!
You didn't leave the rubber insert in there right? Will definately f$$k up your engine. Let us know what you think.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You didn't leave the rubber insert in there right? Will definately f$$k up your engine. Let us know what you think.
If you use the RIVA ring the rubber insert can stay, it wraps around the ring (which replaces the ribbon).

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
If you use the RIVA ring the rubber insert can stay, it wraps around the ring (which replaces the ribbon).

You're right. Thanks for clarifying.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I came up with a pretty good solution for the front. I’ll have to find a pic

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Testing out some shade solutions on the FSH 210. Think I'll get another one of these, real easy to use.
I like that. Can you share more info on it?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update on ribbon delete....very happy, gained about 2, maybe 3mph top end, about 200 to 300 rpm. Engine had more mid range grunt and most noticeable was how much better it sounded. For an hours work and 150 bucks it's really a no brainer.Thank you Swatski and others, once again you guys were right on the money for this mod!!!

Merlion

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Finally added a "suicide knob", now I only wish I did it sooner!
View attachment 103238

@4x15mph I was thinking you may like it with your new rack and pinion steering.

--
I did the same, to me it’s a must upgrade. Easy to steer and helps me orient the wheel for true-forward when leaving the dock96180C95-653A-4E5B-8B3F-06FA21FC26D3.jpeg

Garrett C

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got my Seadek group buy in today, took off the old hydroturf off the swim deck and installed only the swim platform tonight. It wasn't as bad as I read so I was quite pleased. Now to install the rest of the cockpit tomorrow, do my 50 hour maintenance on the boat and head out to the sandbars this weekend. Thank you very much @JetBoatPilot for the awesome group buy and amazing customer service
. o2v9rykZTtyuu6Il0Vt68g.jpg

Attachments

Last edited: