• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The officially unofficial performance sunglasses thread

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Well left my sunglasses at the dinner table tonight Realized when I walked out the door. Luckily they didn’t clean it yet. I am hopeless when it comes to sunglasses lol

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
At $267 you got me messed up lol. There is no way they are worth 5x more.
You're right they're worth 10x more. The difference between a decent set of cheapie and a set of nice sunglasses is amazing, and I don't even have the best vision.

It's well worth it, especially for something you'll use basically every time you go outside in Florida.

LoWeLL216

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Big Gatorz fan. I use them for everything from my work to shooting, sky-diving, and - boating.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Poseidon has always cursed me and blessed me when it comes to sunglasses. He blows the cheap ones of my head into the deep and then blesses me with good ones found in the water. Right now I have great pair of Maui Jims found in the water a few months back. Poseidon has a thing for Maui Jims, this is the 2nd pair in a row that he's led me too.

brokitansky

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Must be a great deal,they are all sold out.
If you’re interested in Costa sunglasses go to their web site and sign up for the email notifications, they have flash sales all the time.

The first time I bought a pair of Costa sun glasses it was a buy one pair get the second pair at 50% off, since I didn’t have any experience with this brand I just bought the one pair of Blackfin Pro glasses with the high contrast green mirror lenses. I figured out I really liked them and waited patiently for that deal to come around again, and waited, and waited for almost two years. Finally I sent Costa an email telling them about the aforementioned, Costa wrote back with a 40% off my entire purchase coupon, so I bought two more pairs of Blackfin Pro glasses, one with the very bright condition blue mirror lenses the other with the low light bronze mirror lenses. For me, I prefer the high contrast on all but the brightest days, and the low light glasses are awesome for early morning / late day / overcast / foggy / rainy or snowing conditions.

Last edited:

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
I wear prescription sunglasses, I fortunately have amazing vision coverage through my employer so I can get premium prescription sunglasses for a good price. Twenty years ago I was into Revo's but have worn Oakleys for a long time. Now that I own a boat, I started looking at other brands for the best sunglasses for boating, I almost went with Costa but ended up buying Maui Jim's and quickly realized why they have the reputation they do. The optical clarity, in a progressive lens no less, is stunning!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I wear prescription sunglasses, I fortunately have amazing vision coverage through my employer so I can get premium prescription sunglasses for a good price. Twenty years ago I was into Revo's but have worn Oakleys for a long time. Now that I own a boat, I started looking at other brands for the best sunglasses for boating, I almost went with Costa but ended up buying Maui Jim's and quickly realized why they have the reputation they do. The optical clarity, in a progressive lens no less, is stunning!
My friend has had his Maui Jim’s for pushing twenty years.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thats a long time to not lose or break a pair of glasses!...lol.
Correction; I just talked to him, they’re 13 years old. His last pair of MJ’s before this pair got blown off hisface in high wind and landed on concrete and broke. He’s had two pair since 2002.

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
Correction; I just talked to him, they’re 13 years old. His last pair of MJ’s before this pair got blown off hisface in high wind and landed on concrete and broke. He’s had two pair since 2002.
Dang... Now I have to send a retraction email to the Guinness Book of World Records because I nominated him for longest pair of sunglasses not broken/lost!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have Costa readers and they also do Rx glasses.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Our parent company owns Costa, Oakley, and Ray Ban so I get at least 50% off when buying them. I have two pair of Costa's - Jose and Saltbreak. Maui Jim is a customer of mine and I got a free pair of Local Kine's from them a few years ago.

SmartAss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I love my Shady Rays -- they're not drugstore cheap, but they are very affordable, and if you destroy them or lost them they will replace them free (small shipping charge basically).

Been using them on the water for years and plan to continue....

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds like a good deal!!

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Costa Tuna Alley Readers!
Costa Tuna Alley Readers Link
Absolutely love them. You can pick +1.5, +2.0, +2.5 reading power.
Bought mine at Bass Pro.
After 3 years some rubber inserts pulled off, got in touch with Costa and got brand new pair where they improved the frame to avoid the issue.
Customer service is top notch, you break it, scratch it - they will either fix it for a fee or send you a new pair at discounted price!

Actually, the pictures below are bad, you can't see readers at all. Looks like regular sunglasses and you can read your phone, GPS, whatever.

Sometimes I do look stupid when I forget my readers and sit in the restaurant in these sunglasses so I can see the damn menu 😂
1707435809128.png

1707435914811.png