• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

The seemingly never ending boat purchase saga...

I have used Penfed for old boat and current car and am using Lightstream for current boat. Both very easy to use.

I have a buddy here in town that is selling his 2010 AR240 for $35K. He would likely negotiate some. Boat has Thrust Vectors, SeaDek, Swim Platform Seat Cushions, BBall Hoop, Fishing Package and a few other items like Chart Plotter GPS.

I had USAA do my seadoo, and it was ok. This time thus far, they've been absolutely amazing, and they are giving me 6%/15 years on new or used. I've already got the loan, just gotta find the boat. And, I think I found it last night. Keeping my fingers crossed.

6% is not a good rate for a new boat loan. Yamaha will do 3.99 for 10 or 15 years. When I showed my local bank their rate they matched it. I think that makes
a new boat pretty tempting over used.

I agree that you should be able to do better than 6% (depending on credit)... I also agree with your earlier preferences in going for a larger boat, but if you are open to a new 21' boat you could buy a new SX210 at 3.99% for 15 years for roughly a payment of $295... If you go with USAA on a used boat for $35,000 at 6% your payment will be roughly $295 as well

Might be worth digging a bit more on rate. Assuming you could get a 4% rate instead of 6% you could save over $6500 over the life of the loan (assuming you dont pay off earlier like many do).

That's the problem, I'm just about dead set on a 24' now. And yammy only does 3.9% on 50K or more. So, if I went new, it would be an SX210, but it would be 4.9%. I've got 3 boats in my sights right now. A 2010 242LS nicely modded for 35K, a 2011 242LS with only 17 hours for 40K, and a 2013 SX240 with 84 hours for 32K. Even with the potential oil cooler issue, I'm still leaning towards the 2010, unless I can work out transportation logistics on the SX. All of which will be cheaper payments than the 210, and more of the boat I want.

I don't know how many hours are on the 2010 but now after five years I would think the problem has either occurred and been fixed or there is not a problem. I have not had the oil cooler problem (knock on wood or is that fiberglass). I love our boat!

170. And I'm inclined to think the same

I can tell you as someone who bought an SX210 new, i am ready to "upgrade" to a larger boat. So my advise would be do exactly what you are, buy a used 24ft boat vs a new 21 foot

I got a Yamaha promo when I bought my 212X 1.99% for 15 years. Now I'm just making payments that would pay the boat off in about 4 to 5 years. In case something happened financially, I could always pay the minimum which reflects the 1.99% rate.

I've heard of that, and thought it would be at the shows this year even, but I made a thread about it a couple weeks back and heard nothing. I am going to the show in Charlotte this Saturday, but not expecting much.

We got ours at 1.99%. Yamaha is only offering 3.99% for up to 180 months right now for anything over $10K (from the web page). This is not a bad deal. For $60K financed at 3.99% your payments are ~$450. $35K at 6% for the same 18 months comes out to ~$300. I saw late last year that Yamaha had 2.99% but I don't see that out there now. Good luck. Either way, having a Yamaha will provide years of pleasure!

That's the problem, I'm just about dead set on a 24' now. And yammy only does 3.9% on 50K or more. So, if I went new, it would be an SX210, but it would be 4.9%. I've got 3 boats in my sights right now. A 2010 242LS nicely modded for 35K, a 2011 242LS with only 17 hours for 40K, and a 2013 SX240 with 84 hours for 32K. Even with the potential oil cooler issue, I'm still leaning towards the 2010, unless I can work out transportation logistics on the SX. All of which will be cheaper payments than the 210, and more of the boat I want.
I don't know how close you are to 50k to get the discount...but I asked my dealer to roll my sales tax into the loan and he did.

Depending on your credit to can put 0 down and have 100% financing.

Crossing my fingers that all goes well for you @veedubtek. Keep up posted.

20150207_135609.jpg What's the build up on these?

View attachment 16717 What's the build up on these?
I have that on my pumps too. It comes from leaving the boat in fresh water for long periods. It isn't easy to get off....I've used a wire brush. It seems to be some sort of calcium based life form that is algae like. It hasn't made any difference to the performance of my boat, but isn't good looking. I've considered powder coating my pumps to make them smoother/slipperier so it comes off easier.

Awesome, that's what I figured. This boat sat in Jordan lake most of its idle life. Hull is beautiful, he had it cleaned. I'm thinking that this one is coming home with me next weekend.

Just to clarify, this is new oil coolers, right? 20150207_132939.jpg

Back