• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

The seemingly never ending boat purchase saga...

Nevermind. Now that I see the big photo and not just my phone, I can tell.

Congrats

I got a Yamaha promo when I bought my 212X 1.99% for 15 years. Now I'm just making payments that would pay the boat off in about 4 to 5 years. In case something happened financially, I could always pay the minimum which reflects the 1.99% rate.

I did exactly the same thing. My understanding is Yamaha will come out with this type of incentive a few times a year. 1.99% is a great rate, but i guess its only if it fits into your timeline of when you want to get the boat.

Not mine yet, got another to lake test tomorrow. But, I'm all but sold on this one. 2011 242LS, 3 covers, thrust vectors, galv trailer with led lights and boat buckles, box anchor w/buddy, and only 17 hours on it. 20150207_135717.jpg

The one above looks real nice. Are you testing these in North Carolina or are they somewhere warm like Florida or Hawaii???

NC, it's gonna be 66 here today, so just good enough I reckon. Gonna be on the water in about an hour with one more boat, and then just gotta decide which one we want! And gotta figure out where to park it...

WOW! yup, I'd jump on that too!! Nice looking boat and at only 17 hours??!! Awesome!

Its almost criminal to own a boat for 3 years and only have 17 hrs on it, especially a boat like that!

Agree - 17 hours makes for a good month, not 3 years. Their loss is your gain.

NC, it's gonna be 66 here today, so just good enough I reckon. Gonna be on the water in about an hour with one more boat, and then just gotta decide which one we want! And gotta figure out where to park it...

Figure out where to park it later. :p

Ok. Back home. 2 choices.

Boat #1. 2011 242LS. 17 hours. Thrust vectors, 3 covers, box anchor, fenders, etc... Has the newer style oil coolers. I'd have to upgrade the hell out of the stereo obviously. Pretty dirty inside, but would clearly clean right up. Hull is spotless.

Boat #2. 2010 242LS. 162.8 hours. ~$2000 in stereo upgrades, mostly quality. LED lights everywhere. Wake board racks. Very clean boat. Needs new turf everywhere there is turf (either boat would probably end up being sea-dek'd). Minor blemishes, nothing crazy. Needs trailer tires. One oil cooler has the bolt snapped off, but not leaking. $5,000 cheaper. Would have to replace both oil coolers to be safe, and add thrust vectors. Probably a better sub and a dedicated amp for it. Also needs a cover, but has a brand new sunbrella bimini.

#1 sounds like a no brainer.

I think I would go with #1

@veedubtek so the bolt sheared off and you still took it out and it didn't leak? I did not know that was possible. Or did I miss read that? And #1 seems like a good choice.

20150208_132321.jpg

Yeah, it was gone. Found it during pre-inspection (thanks to y'all!). No oil anywhere, so we took it out anyway. No oil at the end of the day either. I still wouldn't chance it, but I'm 98% sure I'm going with the first anyway. Just trying to conjure up some extra cash to not finance the whole amount and keep my payments down a bit.

Yeah, it was gone. Found it during pre-inspection (thanks to y'all!). No oil anywhere, so we took it out anyway. No oil at the end of the day either. I still wouldn't chance it, but I'm 98% sure I'm going with the first anyway. Just trying to conjure up some extra cash to not finance the whole amount and keep my payments down a bit.
Wow. Thanks for the picture. Good to know as a reference for other 2010 owners out there (inspecting for oil after a trip out may not be enough). You may need some of that down payment cash for a stereo upgrade! :winkingthumbsup"

Definitely need stereo before Bimini! All my mad money right now is going to pay off my seadoo. Once that sells, then I'll get to buy some toys for the new one :)

5K isn't chump change. I'd call Yamaha customer service tomorrow and ask them about the oil coolers on the 2010 and see if they have a recall on them (perhaps they'll cover the cost of that fix?) You can buy a lot of covers, fins and tires for 5K, and then you have 2k of added stereo and racks....

Both are great options....

Back