• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

This guy is flying down this river

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
At that speed wouldn't take much to skip right out of the river.

777 Turbine Unicorn in action - YouTube
@HangOutdoors ..... as someone who received his offshore racing licence (waaay back) I have driven some very fast boats. At 50 mph you may as well be on concrete at 100 mph you disintegrate. On that narrow river, under those bridges that guy is a dangerous idiot who should be charged. If he pulled-up to a dock after a stunt like that with true high performance drivers on it they would kick his a$$ and throw him in the water and I would be in the lead on that one. Morons should not be allowed to have high performance vehicles of any kind. :cool:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fastest I have ever been in a boat, if I recall correctly was 52 ish. Couldn't image doing 100 mph.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That is just stupid blatent disreguard for anybody else using that waterway. @Julian is right. In the seventies, in high school, a buddy of mine had an old school jetboat with a 455 olds in it. I saw 72 once when he was chasing ducks across the lake on glass. That was faster than I felt comfortable with him at the helm. The roostertail was fun though.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have to assume that river has no one on it! Imagine he comes around a corner and a kayak is paddling in the middle!
The only thing I could think while watching was of some poor sap(me) siting in his flatbottom enjoying a nice relaxing day fishing and getting smoked

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, that guy is dangerous!

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Looks to be a racing group out of New Zealand. I have to assume that's a closed course they're boating on so no concern of some unsuspecting Joe Schmo around the next turn (I sure hope that's true!). I like how he 'slows down' to 40-something mph through the no wake zone under the bridge. :confused:

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors ..... as someone who received his offshore racing licence (waaay back) I have driven some very fast boats. At 50 mph you may as well be on concrete at 100 mph you disintegrate. On that narrow river, under those bridges that guy is a dangerous idiot who should be charged. If he pulled-up to a dock after a stunt like that with true high performance drivers on it they would kick his a$$ and throw him in the water and I would be in the lead on that one. Morons should not be allowed to have high performance vehicles of any kind. :cool:
I think you probably watched that video for the first minute and rushed to judgment? Seems like those boats are purpose built for racing. Looks like a legit sport boat - maybe calm down next time and try a google?

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have hit 90 on a Seadoo RXT 300 - my cousin owns a high performance jet ski/boat shop on lake erie and sponsored racers and stuff. He had just rebuilt the 300 and we took a couple of them out of Vermilion into the Lake for some "test runs". Stupid Stupid Stupid - like Stupid fast. Had a GPS hooked up to it - I hit 90 and let off - it was like glass but any ripple of wave and you would lose it for sure. Cruising at 70+ though is pretty fun on a ski.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It sure looked like they had the river to themselves and it was planned. Still wouldn't want to go that fast in a boat. I have seen those racing boats flip and it is not always a good outcome! Amazing to see!

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Two things I don't go to, boat races and air shows! I have incredibly bad luck, I would be the guy on the sidelines who catches a boat or plane to the face for sure.

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I bet that glove box is full of scrunchies! As many of us know, you can't go fast with a boat full of people without scrunchies for the passengers.