• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tired of bilge pump coming on.... 2021 boat. Here’s why!

Wittyy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I’m not gonna bash Yamaha for this because I am so happy with my boat. But I’ve never had a boat where the bilge cycled so much. I recognized this most when surfing and retrieving riders. My method of using reverse and turning “on a dime“ would always rush water over the swim deck rub rail. After taking apart and caulking up the voids between upper and lower halves of the boat I have completely resolved my problem. 20 minute job. 965AFF48-121A-4A6D-8F51-A1FA8BF96110.pngB928A141-5C71-4CC0-8339-2C1BB0A87E65.pngF5C9B0FF-A406-48FC-B614-10AF9779401F.jpeg561C8CE4-AE79-4AEE-8BA2-6C1632675276.png965AFF48-121A-4A6D-8F51-A1FA8BF96110.png

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
damn that should be a manufacturing defect but once you bring it up, they'll say YOU REMOVED THE RUB RAIL...

good find!

Patman941

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What type of caulking did you use? 4200?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I added an embedded link to the Ultimate leakfinder thread section A10 so people can see your photos. I think @jcyamaharider might have been the first to recommend this in the early days of wake surfing.....I'll see if I can dig up that thread and link it too.

<Here is one thread from 2014 that mentions it>

Last edited:

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I honestly think this is where I may be getting water in. I have ruled out everything else. I just added the Jetboat Pilot access port riser as I noticed some water going in through there when anchored or when coming off plane. However, even after installing I'm still getting water in the bilge. I'll have to try this.

Danrich

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
So I have been having a problem with water in the boat as well. Just sitting in the water not doing anything I would manually cycle the bilge and get a gallon or so out of the boat. I would do this all day. Well I thought it might be the wet storage area where the clean out ports are. In side the hatch there are 2 drain that run to the back of the boat. Well when people are sitting back there water run into the wet storage area and leaks into the boat. I blocked both drains with rubber plugs to see if this was my issue. Well after a full day out I didn’t get any water out the bilge and when I pulled the hull plug at the end of the day I got only a small amount of water. Lately when I pull the plug there would be gallons of water. I think its the lack of sealing around the tray in the wet storage area.

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I have been having a problem with water in the boat as well. Just sitting in the water not doing anything I would manually cycle the bilge and get a gallon or so out of the boat. I would do this all day. Well I thought it might be the wet storage area where the clean out ports are. In side the hatch there are 2 drain that run to the back of the boat. Well when people are sitting back there water run into the wet storage area and leaks into the boat. I blocked both drains with rubber plugs to see if this was my issue. Well after a full day out I didn’t get any water out the bilge and when I pulled the hull plug at the end of the day I got only a small amount of water. Lately when I pull the plug there would be gallons of water. I think its the lack of sealing around the tray in the wet storage area.
Interesting, those drains are supposed to drain out to the swim platform, are you sure the hoses are attached? When I removed the hatch are to install the bilge pump I did notice that there was no sealant around the drain hole.

PatrickKolby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Same things happening to me. I really don’t want to bother taking this for the dealer to fix. Going to pull mine apart this weekend and re-seal. 2021 model year are officially “COVID Boats”. No major issues with mine but the workmanship was rushed.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Did you just seal behind the rubrail? Hard to really see what I'm looking at.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If what i see is correct then how could they think that would be watertight. Thats horrible

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I honestly think this is where I may be getting water in. I have ruled out everything else. I just added the Jetboat Pilot access port riser as I noticed some water going in through there when anchored or when coming off plane. However, even after installing I'm still getting water in the bilge. I'll have to try this.
Ordered the riser last Friday.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Interesting, those drains are supposed to drain out to the swim platform, are you sure the hoses are attached? When I removed the hatch are to install the bilge pump I did notice that there was no sealant around the drain hole.
I think what he is referring to is that it leaks around the hatch, not that the drains aren't connected. Mine has the same drains and what happens is that when there are people back there or maybe when backing up, water comes up thru that drain hose into the wet storage area. Most of it goes back out the drains but some leaks around the hatch itself into the bilge.

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think what he is referring to is that it leaks around the hatch, not that the drains aren't connected. Mine has the same drains and what happens is that when there are people back there or maybe when backing up, water comes up thru that drain hose into the wet storage area. Most of it goes back out the drains but some leaks around the hatch itself into the bilge.
I see what you are saying, but the outlet to the swim platform from that drain is pretty small. I don't see how a significant amount of water is getting in there. If it is happening, then I would think the hatch riser would eliminate that issue. Anyway, these boats let a lot more water in them then I would like. The extra bilge pump in the bilge has been a big piece of mind for me, but I still want to fix all of the potential leak areas.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The OP is not referring to the hatch or drains, it is the long holes in the seam

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The OP is not referring to the hatch or drains, it is the long holes in the seam
Lol, @Neutron we have our messages crossed. Myself and @johhnyboat were replying to a post from @Danrich.
The OP as you stated, was referring to the seam joining the two halves being the culprit.

Danrich

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Yes I think my issue is with the sealing around the wet storage tray. I think my problem is that everyone hangs on the back of the boat which is why I bought a Yamaha :) the water is coming backup the drain tube. I still have the rubber plugs in and no water in the boat. I think I will try to get the dealer to fix the sealing issue at the end of the season. This is not the same problem the op posted about but I thought I would give my input since it still appts to water coming in the boat from an unwanted area.

Fourjets

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Hi guys
another place to check are the rubber port and starboard exhaust gaskets, right where the exhaust leaves the boat.
remove the entire clean out compartment(where the plugs to the impellers are) Look inside with a bright light. Find the black rubber gaskets, look for water trickling in from one or both sides. The fiberglass depth on the back bottom of both(it’s the blind spot when your looking w the light) exhausts are thinner than the rest of the cutout made at the factory and never really seals completely. this was the case on my 2005 sx230. I located a thin spot in the hull on both exhausts. Solution, 4200 around both.. never leaked again. Hopefully, it won’t need to be removed at some point.