• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Took delivery of new 255 Open ID/ Few Questions

Fangio68

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
I purchased a new 255 Open ID w twin 300's. Its my first jet boat, have a few questions hopefully someone could answer.

1. I live on the water, so keep my boat on my lift. Is it normally that difficult to get boat off lift? Every time I lower boat in water ,once it starts floating, and I turn on motors, but starts to pull forward.toward seawall.
I just basically back boat out by hand now, and turn motors on once boat is half way off and reverse out. Should I adjust neutral to a slight reverse? Or that's just the way jet boats are?

2. Upgraded stereo, new amp, Jl speakers ,, Bluetooth not working, It connects, displays song but no audio. It has the Touchscreen Command. Hopefully Ill get it fixed with 10 hour service. FM reception is horrible too.

3. Does your black fabric flap a lot on T-Top over 30mph??

4. Anyplace to get Sunshade at a better price? Boat cover?

Thanks,

Taso

Attachments

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow, beautiful boat!!!

@JetTech72 or others here will I'm sure chime in with the know/how of reverse adjustments.

--

Scott Brown

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Hi
Congrats! It’s beautiful
From my experience
Yes- adjust neutral if you have the digital display and try to start it with the steering straight ahead. I’ve noticed that in neutral if the steering wheel is turned it will be pushed around a bit.
Can’t speak to the audio as mine is the kicker audio receiver. It works pretty well. It is definitely covered under warranty
Yes the small flap does flap in the wind. It’s quite annoying. It can be rolled up and strapped.

Following for the shade- super expensive oem

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Wow! Beautiful color on that boat. Impressive. :Welcome: to the forum. Lots of good people here to help keep you safe AND on the water.

I have a Chap but pretty much same BRP engines and controls. When I put mine in the water it too would pull forward; couldn't understand why. But, it's your "true neutral" control. With the engines running and NOT in gear with the screen monitoring the engines, you'll see "N" with an arrow above and below. Press the down arrow (tap or hold) till you feel it stop pulling forward. This action lowers the buckets 1mm per tap into the jets. The more bucket in front of the stream/jet, the more interference with the water flow which will start to pull the boat backwards. This is how you find true neutral in any situation. Works great!

My Bluetooth was not working either. Turns out it was not connected. But first, make sure the volumes on your phone and the stereo is up. If yes, you'll have to run an RCA cable from the receiver over to the medallion. I'll try to provide more info latter.

The flapping should not be happening. Can you tighten things up. Mine never flap at any speed and they're always up.

Surprised the boat didn't come with snap on covers. Did you ask for them? Covers can be expensive and don't last forever. You get what you pay for with boat covers.

Good luck and take more pictures. Where do you live?

Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I purchased a new 255 Open ID w twin 300's. Its my first jet boat, have a few questions hopefully someone could answer.

1. I live on the water, so keep my boat on my lift. Is it normally that difficult to get boat off lift? Every time I lower boat in water ,once it starts floating, and I turn on motors, but starts to pull forward.toward seawall.
I just basically back boat out by hand now, and turn motors on once boat is half way off and reverse out. Should I adjust neutral to a slight reverse? Or that's just the way jet boats are?

2. Upgraded stereo, new amp, Jl speakers ,, Bluetooth not working, It connects, displays song but no audio. It has the Touchscreen Command. Hopefully Ill get it fixed with 10 hour service. FM reception is horrible too.

3. Does your black fabric flap a lot on T-Top over 30mph??

4. Anyplace to get Sunshade at a better price? Boat cover?

Thanks,

Taso
Almost forgot.... TWIN 3S? That's awesome. I have twin 250s that's just crazy powerful. I could be doing 40, gun it and it puts you back in your seat. You'll see...Good luck! Damn I'm jealous...

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
My Bluetooth was not working either. Turns out it was not connected. But first, make sure the volumes on your phone and the stereo is up. If yes, you'll have to run an RCA cable from the receiver over to the medallion. I'll try to provide more info latter.
@Fangio68 I hunted thru my emails and found this reply from Medallion. This worked for me.

When you connect your phone via Bluetooth you are connecting to the processor which drives the 7" touch screen on your boat.

The audio is then pumped out of that processor into the Aux2 input of the black box stereo and gets played through the stereo system.

From your description it sounds as though the Aux2 to processor RCA connection is not properly done on your boat.

If you follow the blue ethernet cable from the back of the 7" touch screen it will plug into the processor module. On the processor module you will find 3 large connectors, one of which is grey. The grey connector is the audio/video harness and has two RCA connections out of it that carry the bluetooth audio (red and white). These need to be connected to the Aux 2 input on the blackbox stereo.

Another item to check is that your phone's bluetooth volume is not turned all the way down. Phone's sometimes have a different volume level setting when playing bluetooth vs playing through its own speaker or headphone connection.

Let me know if Medallion can assist further.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Can’t help with your questions, but that is one beautiful boat. Welcome.

Fangio68

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Thanks for responses.
The flapping is from the black canvas that is on a portion of the hard t-top. Ill double check snaps and zippers, but I'm pretty sure they were all snapped and zipped.

Boat came with no covers. I cant find online, but I did find for 255 Open G, which looks like the exact same.

I live in Clearwater Beach.

I am happy with aftermarket mats dealer installed. Pic.

The acceleration is awesome. Really haven't tested top speed yet, I did hit 56,,it looked like about 7750 RPM..I think.
I believe it's in break in mode till 10 or 11 hours. Hopefully we get a few warm days soon too.

Attachments

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thanks for responses.
The flapping is from the black canvas that is on a portion of the hard t-top. Ill double check snaps and zippers, but I'm pretty sure they were all snapped and zipped.

Boat came with no covers. I cant find online, but I did find for 255 Open G, which looks like the exact same.

I live in Clearwater Beach.

I am happy with aftermarket mats dealer installed. Pic.

The acceleration is awesome. Really haven't tested top speed yet, I did hit 56,,it looked like about 7750 RPM..I think.
I believe it's in break in mode till 10 or 11 hours. Hopefully we get a few warm days soon too.
Cool! I'm right around the corner from you. Used to boat over there years ago.
Sounds like you're still in break in period. You'll be WOT soon.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to have you on board, that's great looking boat, I'm sure we're all in anticipation of more pictures and hearing your experience,

What dealership did you purchase it from?

I'm sure Dean can confirm but since it's your first jet boat don't the BRP's have an issue with the carbon ring and running the engine out of water can quickly cause damage ??? I can't remember if this was just rumor or an actual issue owners need to be cautious of,

Fangio68

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Glad to have you on board, that's great looking boat, I'm sure we're all in anticipation of more pictures and hearing your experience,

I'm sure Dean can confirm but since it's your first jet boat don't the BRP's have an issue with the carbon ring and running the engine out of water can quickly cause damage ??? I can't remember if this was just rumor or an actual issue owners need to be cautious of,

Cycle Springs Powersports.

I did get the boat show special..additional 2 year warranty...so 5 year warranty.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Thanks for bringing that up.

Carbon rings/seal, look here for info from Mike on that. The other reason to not run the boat of of the water is there is nothing cooling the transfer plates. If you run for too long you could overheat the engines; never more than 1 minute to flush the exhaust.

In addition to the flushing, it's a good practice to re-start the engine(s) to expel any water that has collected in the exhaust. I do this well after the engines have been turned off and the boat has been cleaned. Just a 5 second run is all you need. You're trying to get rid of as much water as possible.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Cycle Springs Powersports.

I did get the boat show special..additional 2 year warranty...so 5 year warranty.
I purchased my 2015 SX-192 from Brandon at Cycle Springs. Great guy too.

Fangio68

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Thanks for the tips. Dealer is sending someone Tuesday to fix the couple of issues. Keep you updated.

Canesfan1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Great looking boat. I haven’t used the small sunshade yet. Had small Bluetooth issues at first, forgetting device on phone and reconnecting seem to fix my issue. The power is awesome on the 300s!
Congrats!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Canesfan1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Congrats....great looking boat!!! Love the hard top!

@Canesfan1 What model boat do you have? Is it missing from the model dropdown? I can fix that!
Fixed it, think it was missing when I joined.
255 open id

Fangio68

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Just an update. Service (from dealership) came to fix the few issues.
He told me Bluetooth is not available on Medallion units yet, waiting for next software update. Hmm.
I'll try looking at Dean P suggestion.

I also ordered the plug in plug in for the "NMEA Engine Gateway". Should be arriving this week.

Fangio68

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Another update:

Thanks a bunch to Dean,, followed instructions on Bluetooth fix, and it worked. Aux 2 was connected to wrong input.
I am a bit disappointed service guys couldn't figure that out.

NMEA plug came in, might try installing myself.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Another update:

Thanks a bunch to Dean,, followed instructions on Bluetooth fix, and it worked. Aux 2 was connected to wrong input.
I am a bit disappointed service guys couldn't figure that out.

NMEA plug came in, might try installing myself.
That's awesome! Glad it worked for you. Disappointing the service guy could not help but hey, you came to the right Place/forum and got it solved.

Let the good time begin!!!