• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tropical Storm Dorian

Mdoiron

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm in Eastern Canada and by the time Dorian made its way to us, it had been downgraded to a tropical storm (although some reports state is was still a category 1 hurricane). Our local marina was devastated. Mostly because it was not designed to handle that type of winds and storm surge. Sadly, some boat owners decided to leave their vessels in the water. I can't imagine what some folks in the Bahamas went through...IMG_4572.JPGIMG_4562.jpgIMG_4569.jpg

Wow. She wrecked the east coast for sure. Locally to me in Virginia we saw alot of high surf and winds as well.

X2 on the Wow, I don't like seeing boats stacked up like that. I had heard that Nova Scotia had wind damage, a construction crane came down. Was this in New Brunswick?

That's ugly.

The eye went right over me in nc and we got lucky. There was a tornado that rained down hell on a rv park on the beach but mostly ok this time.

The eye went right over me in nc and we got lucky. There was a tornado that rained down hell on a rv park on the beach but mostly ok this time.
One of my coworkers stores his RV in that park! His RV is damaged pretty badly...waiting to see if it is totaled or not.

X2 on the Wow, I don't like seeing boats stacked up like that. I had heard that Nova Scotia had wind damage, a construction crane came down. Was this in New Brunswick?

Yes, this marina is in Shediac New Brunswick. We lost a few lobster boats where the bilge pumps couldn't keep up or gave up but most marinas in the area fared well. I didn't take a chance and brought her home to ride the storm in the garage.

Back