• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

txav8r's new barn construction (RV but could be boat)

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Doing a deep exposed beam around the perimeter is a huge job, as it complicates building forms and squaring it up. But they made progress. Just didn't get as far as I expected and the polar vortex stopped all activity until probably Tuesday. But here is the latest.
image.jpeg

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Very Nice Mel! Can's wait to see the finished product. This further proves why I need to move out of my very restrictive neighborhood to somewhere that I am allowed to put up something like that.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So true Neil, @OperationROL , I can tell you one of the best things we have done is to find a small bit of acreage that allowed us to be "us" without the heavy restrictions. That said, we still have a home owners association and some restrictions which are good. But with each change in leadership in any organization, you find overzealous folks that want to make it a city neighborhood! I'll keep you posted!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Lol...."us being us" is the scary part!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's more the "you being YOU" that worries people, I'm usually quite Ok with myself :) (until reality hits)

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'm ok with anything that fits within the covenants. They are loosely constructed for a reason, it is a rural subdivision. You can't live in a trailer, construction trailer or otherwise, for more than 3 weeks continuous without moving said trailer. You can't live in the barn, yes barns are allowed. But both have been done and most will look the other way until it is abused. Its when someone sells their house, moves into a trailer, then doesn't even start construction. And we have one of those right now that at some point will draw more criticism than they want. The reason you don't want to allow even the stretched version, is that "shit happens". Then what do you do, they lost their construction loan, a divorce, or worse...and now they live in a trailer in a restricted community! But if I am within the covenants, don't be trying to tell me what color I should paint my damn house! lol

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I hope you like the color of the metal.....lol:winkingthumbsup"

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It's a barn. I have a feeling you wouldn't. Thank god the covenants don't empower someone to care that much openly!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Progress today. The weather here has been sub freezing for two days, and no progress yesterday. Now with Christmas looming, even when thy finish the steel tomorrow, they probably won't get it poured before next week, as the trades all vanish, including the cement deliveries.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@txav8r Merry Christmas to you! That is looking fantastic, I'm so impressed with the progress, man you are moving fast.

--

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Wrapped the week not being able to get cement due to holiday. I wanted to share the latest. The tallest beam is 4'. Most are 3', and even th grade level beam is 24". There is an incredible amount of steel in the foundation.
image.jpeg image.jpeg
They ran out of steel before they took holiday, and said they had about 30 minutes to put that in before they poured. Hoping Monday, but rain in the way too. So not sure at this point. Stay tuned!

Last edited:

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for keeping us up to date Mel. I always enjoy watching projects like these. I hope that some day I have the space to do what you're doing.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Canceling concrete loves you to the back of the line. So today was the day finally. They started at 7am with the hose truck, cement mixer, and lots of hands to get it where it b ended to be, and work it. All went well but a wall started to bow and that stopped the pour, and they shored it up, finished pouring, and went back to trimming the walls back into square. Huge job but looks good!
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Maybe so! Well, those Quonset hut buildings built before WWII are still around so I won't bet on it!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I wanted to add a 2 car garage on to our house and make the current 1 car into living space but the cost of the foundation alone put a stop to that. Stupid what a slab costs.

Looks awesome.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Your right @Big Shasta , this slab ended up -lmost double what I initially thought. But really only about 30% more. Piers, deep beams and a ton of steel. It won't fail me but it might break me!