• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Underwater lights help

Caseysmith9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I can’t get any information on these lights. They are cheap lights from academy. I hooked one up to a battery and it appears to be bright. Why should I not use them? I have 4. I want to put them under in the back under the water line. What makes the ones 100’s of dollars more, better? This is a sincere question. Any help would be appreciated. Here is the link to the lights Marine Raider 6 in LED Utility Light | Academy

Caseysmith9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You want to make sure they last, you will be drilling onto the hull, you dont want to replace them i a year you want them to last, not saying they wont but....
Thanks for the reply and I completely understand that. I guess my question is that it’s a light. There aren’t any moving parts. As long as I can keep water out of it I can’t see why it would fail. There has to be a reason why everyone is paying hundreds and thousands of dollars for underwater lights. Thanks again for the response

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is more than just water that acts on underwater lights. Not sure if you boat fresh water or salt water. Sediment, Salt, wave action, turbulence, algae, etc. Is your boat wet slipped? The more durable the lights are the better, imho.

I wanted to do some, but held off till I could budget for some better quality ones with solid reviews. Although I don't boat in the dark so may not be any point.

Caseysmith9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Gotcha. Both salt and fresh water. I trailer it everywhere. We are not out much in the dark either lol. Thanks for the reply.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Lumens and the quality of the materials, my bud bought the west marine lights , and only lasted a season, i have used H2O lights, Abyss, and now on my 2021 i use Seablaze x4

Caseysmith9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Lumens and the quality of the materials, my bud bought the west marine lights , and only lasted a season, i have used H2O lights, Abyss, and now on my 2021 i use Seablaze x4
Good info. Thanks for the reply

SwissDoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Even the expensive Abyss failed on me after one season.

Caseysmith9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Wow!!

Sean R

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Money and quality aside, I would also re-think the color green. In salt water it might look nice but in fresh it might look a little yellow. Unless your main goal is to attract fish, then I think green is the preferred color.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I can’t get any information on these lights. They are cheap lights from academy. I hooked one up to a battery and it appears to be bright. Why should I not use them? I have 4. I want to put them under in the back under the water line. What makes the ones 100’s of dollars more, better? This is a sincere question. Any help would be appreciated. Here is the link to the lights Marine Raider 6 in LED Utility Light | Academy
I couldn't find the specs on these anywhere! The issues you have with these lights is heat dissipation, lumens and durability. Some are not designed to be out of the water when running as they depend on the water for cooling. These to me look like they are not for underwater....they can be submerged, but that is not their primary use. But if you want to try them....go for it....do they say ANYWHERE how many lumens they throw? You need bright lights to penetrate water.....the brighter the better.

Levi Weatherford

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am wondering if you guys could post some out of the water pics of where and how many lights you installed on 21 footers. Thanks in advance.

Heizen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I added 6 of these HUSUKU to my Hurricane deck boat. What I found out about the lights is that the blue lights reflect florescent body paint and are super bright! Going to put it in the water this weekend for the maiden voyage!

Last edited:

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length

ccbnola

Reaction score