• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

USCG Rating; does it include Fuel Weight or not?

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I have scoured the web and cannot find an answer to this question.. on the USCG weight rating plate on my 212X, it states I can have 9 people or 1675lbs, or 1840lbs of people and gear. Is the weight of 50gallons of fuel already factored into this rating or do you have to subtract 300lbs for 50 gallons of gas?

Doubt it includes the weight of gas. Just people and gear. That said....curious to know why you are interested.....most cops won't weigh anything...they'll just ticket/warn based on the number of people.

Some folks on here load 3000lbs of ballast!!!!

My MIL is wearing me out about this Bimini trip and the amount of people/gear we are taking, so I am trying to weigh everything out to tell her to STFU..

My MIL is wearing me out about this Bimini trip and the amount of people/gear we are taking, so I am trying to weigh everything out to tell her to STFU..
Oh...that must be fun! NOT. You'll be with a bunch of other boats.....but I'm sure you've said that a few times already :rolleyes:

So you can tell her....experts say that gas is not included in the weight limit (which I'm pretty certain is does not....they assume full tank of gas)

I have not told her chit, she is wearing out my wife who is wearing me out.. so I am trying to give my wife some info to tell her mom.. keep in mind my wifes sister is also going with her family on my boat.. so that is pretty much my MIL's entire downline headed to Bimini. She thinks we are all gonna drown and the 19 other boats with us wont care what happens to us..

If you do have problems then I have an idea of what/who to toss out first!!!!:winkingthumbsup"

The manual states

Maximum Load:
1675 lb (759 kg) is the maximum total weight of per- sons on board when the ballast (if equipped) is empty.
1840 lb. (834 kg) is the maximum total weight of persons and cargo. include the weight of the ballast (if equipped), which is 750 lb. (340 kg) when full, when calculating weight.

Yamaha specifies that the 750 pound ballast subtracts from the weight capacity. I believe that they would have done the same for fuel if a full tank was not assumed in the weight capacity calculations.

We had a few naysayers last year as well.

The manual states

Maximum Load:
1675 lb (759 kg) is the maximum total weight of per- sons on board when the ballast (if equipped) is empty.
1840 lb. (834 kg) is the maximum total weight of persons and cargo. include the weight of the ballast (if equipped), which is 750 lb. (340 kg) when full, when calculating weight.

Yamaha specifies that the 750 pound ballast subtracts from the weight capacity. I believe that they would have done the same for fuel if a full tank was not assumed in the weight capacity calculations.

We had a few naysayers last year as well.

im not even mentioning the ballast tanks to her.. she will assume I will ride over there with them full. :banghead:

Tell her the boat will ride much better in rough chop with the extra weight.

Wasn't there someone that needed a jet ski brought over? Sounds like the perfect person for that!

She might want to invest in an EPIRB for your boat.

Back