• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Video how to add a 2nd bilge pump to a Yamaha 242X

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Martincfi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi I have the 2018 AR240 so I think our models are similar enough. I appreciate your video. Couple questions. Did you drill a hole from the engine compartment into the rear bilge area for the hose to pass through? Not sure what the best way is to drill back there. Also I noticed you installed a separate switch on the panel - looks nice. Did you consider bridging the electrical lines from the primary bilge pump. Just wondering if I can control it all with just one switch. Appreciate any advice.

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I added a second one to my 242 and you don’t have to drill a hole to the rear bilge area but you will have to drill a hole for the discharge port. Also, I have mine on an automated switch so it automatically comes on when it’s needed. I never did add an “active” switch.

Martincfi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thx. I think I’ll tie my manual switch to the existing switch and then run the automatic switch wire directly to the battery.