• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

VW's "clean" diesel?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well finally nearing the end for me I know most of you have already done your buybacks except the 3.0 guys. My 2015 Passat goes back Thursday and My 2012 A3 goes back on the 24th. Man this took forever hopefully us 2.0 guys have worked out all the kinks for the 3.0 guys.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm still waiting for my 2013 passat date! Damn it.
I submitted, resubmitted, and reresubmitted everything they f'ing wanted weeks ago.
When I called those claim clowns, the answer was my paper work is all checked in and I can call VW for any further information... And here is the funny part: they are not authorized to give me the number...??? Not that I care anymore.

--

Last edited:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm still waiting for my 2013 passat date! Damn it.
I submitted, resubmitted, and reresubmitted everything they f'ing wanted weeks ago.
When I called those claim clowns, the answer was my paper work is all checked in and I can call VW for any further information... Here is and the funny part: they are not authorized to give me the number...??? Not that I care anymore.

--
I do feel your pain. I submitted my A3 docs on 10/25/16 and just got my offer today. I waited on my Passat and didn't submit till 12/20/16 and had an offer by 1/15/17. When I got the offer on the Passat I called about my A3 they told me they were experiencing delays but then I told them how I already had an offer on my Passat and they didn't know what to say. Today I returned the offer on the A3 it was denied I double checked it everything looked correct so I just resubmitted it. It was denied again I called and asked why the hell they were kicking it back and the lady on the phone said I was missing a signature on page 5 of the offer. I told her page 5 was not a signature page and she confirmed I was correct and asked me to resubmit the same docs I had already submitted twice and it went through the third time. Not one change to them the exact same notarized document was submitted 3 times to get accepted. The next battle will be getting my loan paid off as from what I can see its taking them 3-4 weeks after closing to do so.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I do feel your pain. I submitted my A3 docs on 10/25/16 and just got my offer today. I waited on my Passat and didn't submit till 12/20/16 and had an offer by 1/15/17. When I got the offer on the Passat I called about my A3 they told me they were experiencing delays but then I told them how I already had an offer on my Passat and they didn't know what to say. Today I returned the offer on the A3 it was denied I double checked it everything looked correct so I just resubmitted it. It was denied again I called and asked why the hell they were kicking it back and the lady on the phone said I was missing a signature on page 5 of the offer. I told her page 5 was not a signature page and she confirmed I was correct and asked me to resubmit the same docs I had already submitted twice and it went through the third time. Not one change to them the exact same notarized document was submitted 3 times to get accepted. The next battle will be getting my loan paid off as from what I can see its taking them 3-4 weeks after closing to do so.
Thanks @robert843, at least I'm not feeling like they singled ME out!
Kafkaesque, isn't it?

--

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They are definitely taking their sweet time paying off the loans. I'm glad I made an extra payment on the a3 first.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry to Necro this but, I am curious if anyone else received this letter. I did my return in 2016 and received my settlement. I just got another letter stating the deadline. Anyone else get one after they settled already? Or is there another settlement ?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mine goes back in December...but after test driving the 2018 Q7 Prestige fully loaded I have the itch for the new one!!! But since I just had to put new tires on the TDI....I'll be waiting impatiently until December!!!

Wonder what they'll add to the 2019 Q7....would love them to bring the S model over, and add the trailer reverse assist package here (and make the stupid tailgate be closeable from inside!)

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@djetok
I went through the buy back for my mother in law in August. She received about $28,000.
Just as you experienced, VW urged us again to start the process of the buy back. Appears they don't follow through on closing the issue internally.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry to Necro this but, I am curious if anyone else received this letter. I did my return in 2016 and received my settlement. I just got another letter stating the deadline. Anyone else get one after they settled already? Or is there another settlement ?
They have the regular VW/AUdi settlement, plus Bosch, and the extended warranty on top - maybe that's it?

Wonder what they'll add to the 2019 Q7....would love them to bring the S model over, and add the trailer reverse assist package here (and make the stupid tailgate be closeable from inside!)
They keep making them lighter/smaller (or - more compact?) which is nice for zipping around town but at some point it affects towing.
True about the tailgate... - there is always some things with those cars, both Audi and BMWs we have had have some weird features/lack thereof.

--

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@djetok
I went through the buy back for my mother in law in August. She received about $28,000.
Just as you experienced, VW urged us again to start the process of the buy back. Appears they don't follow through on closing the issue internally.
That was my thought too. I got all my buybacks