• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

VW's "clean" diesel?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got my "gov registration" doc fail the review twice now. Pretty pissed off about the whole thing right now.
Me being (at times) a VW apologist of sorts - I think I may end up eating my words...

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 Do you know how does the turn-in process actually work? Do you have to shop around and have dealers bid for your car? or do you get an appraisal and a price tag and it doesn't matter where do you turn it in?

--

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 Do you know how does the turn-in process actually work? Do you have to shop around and have dealers bid for your car? or do you get an appraisal and a price tag and it doesn't matter where do you turn it in?

--
Once your docs are approved they should send you a settlement offer through the portal. The settlement offer will have the amount they are going to pay you for the vehicle. Then you sign the offer and get it notarized and put it back in the portal. A few days after that you should be contacted to select a dealer and a date to return the vehicle to. The price is dictated by the court settlement the dealer has no say in your return price.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So far everyone except one that I have heard from that has gotten their offer back already was quoted the exact price they were offered when they put the car in the portal. I have heard from one person he was actually offered more than the initial offer though.

Bedlamfirm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
So I called the settlement hotline and the claim rep sounded so beat up. They got a tough job. She stated that I have 10 business days from 11/1 and I said that would have been 11/16. She then said they submit it to a third party auditor who also gets 10 business days. I kindly stated they should explain that on their correspondence so they don't get calls like mine cause I know they are. She said I was real close. I felt like that Farmers insurance commercial with that fisherman. I thanked her for her help and said I wouldn't want to be her having to answer all these calls and expect a update in 10 business days.
We will see. That whole comment that I'm close sounded like someone hasn't been doing their job.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski I have heard all types of people being hung up in the document review I have seen on a another forum where a guy has had to submit his Driver License three times now because the feel his picture on it is to fuzzy. Mine on my Audi A3 was approved on the first review but I still have not submitted my docs on my Passat we shall see how that one goes. I do know @veedubtek already has one of his through the whole process and has a scheduled return date in December. @Bedlamfirm I know there is supposed to be timeline they re following but i have heard from several people where that time line has been missed already as well. Things seem to have really just started moving in the last week from what I have seen on some other forums.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Actually I'm still waiting to set the appointment. I've merely sent the notarized docs back in. Surprised I haven't heard back since. Got this in the mail today,

IMG_0484.JPG

Sorry, resized. Stupid new phone.

Last edited:

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just caught the news tonight where VW is laying off 30,000 workers in order to pay for this mess they created. Half of the job losses will be in Germany. It sucks that the poor working stiff has to pay for upper management's deceit.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I only caught a couple headlines, but from what I browsed, there were no forced layoffs until 2025? I mean, not surprising regardless.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's not official yet so it could change but it appears they will be able to fix most of the 3.0l tdi with just a software update. It looks like they will only be offering buybacks on 2009 or older touregs and q7's. It appears they can easily fix all 2010 and newer model touregs, q7's and cayenne's. One again not official just the stories I'm seeing.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's not official yet so it could change but it appears they will be able to fix most of the 3.0l tdi with just a software update. It looks like they will only be offering buybacks on 2009 or older touregs and q7's. It appears they can easily fix all 2010 and newer model touregs, q7's and cayenne's. One again not official just the stories I'm seeing.
That could actually be great news, as I now want to keep the Q7. As long as the "fix" doesn't kill the performance, does it?

As it is, that thing is just about perfect. A dual purpose vehicle: 30+mpg commuter, easy to park underground, and can pull my boat and a half.
upload_2016-11-19_23-21-58.pngupload_2016-11-19_23-23-23.png

--

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm thinking they will buyback 12 and earlier. 13 models added the nox monitoring. They didn't really have any previous 09, except the badass v10

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm thinking they will buyback 12 and earlier. 13 models added the nox monitoring. They didn't really have any previous 09, except the badass v10
That was my original thought as well was 12 earlier. We will see as that was only one article I read that said the 2009 thing. I'm surprised that they may only have a partial buyback you would figure the judge we make them give those owners the option of the buyback since they were miss lead on their purchase.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I saw a V1o TDI T-reg the other day. So, those do exist! it wasn't towing anything though -- what a waste I thought! :D

Last edited:

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah, they are pure animals @swatski ! Got one at the shop now I gotta drop the drivetrain and put camshafts in, gonna be a fun job. 550 ft/lbs of torque, when you stand on the go pedal, it feels like it's gonna rip that poor Touareg apart.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah,,,,,if the "fix" impacts performance...that ain't a fix!
I'm sure it will at least affect mileage but the biggest impact may be resale value.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I saw a V1o TDI T-reg the other day. So, those do exist! it wasn't towing anything though -- what a waste I thought! :D
:wideyed: WOW

Bedlamfirm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@djetok when didn't you get the email saying they are reviewing for eligibility and will respond in 10 business days. Just trying to get a feel if it was over 10 days?