• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Warning - Always be on the lookout for Scammers (yes...even here)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It was brought to our attention today by an aware member that we had a scammer on the forum. He registered normally and wasn't posting, but he did send a "Private Message" aka "Conversation" to a member attempting to discuss selling a boat.

Please notify Administration if this ever happens to you as we can look into the User's data and attempt to determine if they are legitimate. This scammer clearly was not.

We don't often get scammers/spammers through our perimeter, but it does happen, so always be on your guard for these lowlifes.

Thanks! Boat On!

Julian

hapyfishrmn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All,

I posted on the forums a few days ago indicating I have been looking for a used AR190 2017-new. Yesterday, I was contacted through a private message by a member who just created a username recently (just over 24hrs). Giving me with an gmail address of someone in Montana who has a 2017 AR190. I sent them an email indicating my interest on Thursday around 6pm.

They responded to my email quickly apologizing for the late response. I thought that was odd since it had only been a half an hour or so. Then I noticed that when he responded the timestamp gets included. The timestamp was "On Fri, 19 Jun 2020, 12:07 am ". Interesting so that why he says 'sorry for the late response', but wait its not Friday yet in any part of North America. Since this was a Gmail address I felt certain the timestamp was accurate. I'm thinking they live in a different time zone.

I responded asking for pictures and other information. The response was generic:
This is 2017 Yamaha Ar190 boat.
Model Ar190.
Type Jet wakeboarding.
Trailer included.
Fuel capacity 21-30.
Hours 16.7 hours.
Working perfectly and in excellent condition.
What boat owner no matter how novice would say 'type jet wakeboarding'... Seemed odd, along with the 5.5hr time difference. He also sent 3 pictures. That were not very helpful.
20200619_020632.jpg

20200619_020810.jpg

20200619_021033.jpg

I definitely believe it's a scam. Just wanted others to be aware.

So all you boat enthusiast lets try to make something fun out of this and see your sleuthing skills. Can we identify the year and model of these photos. They all could be something different so bring your proof.

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Come to think of it pretty sure someone reached out to me about an FSH with a random Gmail from Montana. I just replied and said I wasn't looking for one, I had just posted up a few I saw for sale in case anyone had been, so didn't get the sketchy pics and random convo. But definitely be on the lookout