• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Warranty Work - 3 years of use

sealavie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
2016 242X with a 5 year warranty. I'm yet to have any significant warranty work - I'm wondering what others are experiencing. First, I love my boat - but wanted to know if anyone is having issues or had warranty work. The dealership is suggesting that they can do a hard reset for most of these issues.

The issues I'm having:
*challenges maintaining speed for pulling wakeboard/surf
*difficultly maintaining bluetooth connection when streaming music
*some challenges with cleanout plugs not always seating properly
*I keep the boat inside 9 months a year and covered the other 3 months, so interior still looks great
*on the trailer, some of the nuts/blots vibrated off and I had to replace

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have had good experience with warranty work done by my dealer. There have been several issues, most minor, such as docking lights, door latches, interior lights, etc. The only major issue I have had was a problem with the GPS losing signal intermittently, affecting the Drive Control. The dealer never tried to get out of the repair, never made excuses, and in on case, actually found a problem that I was not aware of and fixed it. My issue has been with the Yamaha Customer Service. They make promises if you bring up an issue, and promise to get back to you on it, then are never heard from again. I am sure that the quality of the warranty response has a great deal to do with the dealer. In my case, I have been quite satisfied.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Warranty work I've had done on my 2016:

-Broken keel replaced
-Broken fenders and supports replaced
-Stereo wiring corrected (wires were swapped - from delivery) Battery, Amp and Speakers replaced due to bad wiring.