• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Watercraft Harbor - Web Application Launch

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@tdonoughue Thank you very much! Also I am just doing the final look over for the Profile Generator and Profile Printouts, which should be released by next week.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guys, for those of you who have not tried this out yet... I have been using this and submitted a few suggestions. One of the suggestions was implemented within *hours*. So major kudos to @HangOutdoors on being so responsive and making a quality app here.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks nice. But not for me. 10 bucks a month for my Yamaha maintenance logs? April. New plugs. spring check out. October. Change oil. WInterize. Replace crappy polk speakers every two years. Repeat year after year. Ahh the beauty and simplicity of an older model Yamaha Jet Boat. On the other hand, if I had to track my Mercedes maintenance and repairs???? This is right up my alley. One question. What is a "Warcraft?"

InkedScreenshot 2021-04-02 10.05.15_LI.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have to have a price point that allows the proper technology for security, privacy, speed, replication, redundancy as well as ongoing future use and current development etc. It all costs on my/our end. Additionally, secure document storage is paramount and has a cost when done properly.

Also it is far more than tracking Maintenance Logs, which is only one component. The most usage that is occurring right now from our current users is adding in their modifications, expenses and costs, documents and images and logging by a factor of about 14 to 1 over maintenance. Additionally we are seeing high usage of uploading Manuals and Documents as well as images.

As adoption increases and scales pricing could change as well. In this system once you are a user your costs will never go up if there is a price change but could come down dependent on future adoption and scaling.

The system was built with enterprise grade programming languages and deployed in an enterprise grade infrastructure. Anything less wouldn't be prudent, especially where private data could be concerned. Nor would I suggest anyone put their own private data in anything less.

If you are only going to use it to record maintenance once twice per year, it probably isn't a good fit. You could write that down and keep some receipts in a free shoebox, or use excel, etc.

To leverage additional modules and create a true watercraft profile which organizes, catalogues and shows you cost analysis of everything centered around your watercraft with a 360 degree view, is where you can see the strength of all the modules coming together. There is also a multitude of additional modules, features and API's in development that we keep releasing every two weeks. Full search and historical records and a complete profile that can be printed out or transferred to someone who purchases your boat is another prominent strength. One feature that is almost ready to be released is for insurance and/or Warranty Claim purposes. It is very convenient to be able to click one button and be able to have a complete report to submit for an insurance claim or to a dealer/Yamaha for warranty repairs in the format they prefer (referring to the "YES Card we all got"), full and complete, with receipts, other documented proof and pictures.

@OCMD Definitely appreciate and value the feedback. It is tough to build an application that suits everyone. I and my team have discussed on many occasions the topic of "What if they want to just track Maintenance once a year", and as of yet have come to a proper path to get it there for those users, since so far that request has been negligible. Thoughts of a reduced cost per month for just the one module and turn off all the others or something similar have white boarded. Perhaps in the future, but with current initial adoption and a lot of requests coming in for added features, fields and development... The majority from members on this forum... It wouldn't be a possible consideration till sometime down the road.

Also thanks for pointing out the misspelling that has been resolved and published as is live now. It happens. :)

Last edited:

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Naturally, consumers use, leverage, track their data/records differently. This application appears to be very well put together and thorough, I do agree with @OCMD that it is a bit overkill, speaking strictly for my personal habits and traits. It does seem to overcomplicate an otherwise relatively simple process and micromanages the operation. Me personally, I'm a less is more guy and in this day in age there is an app for literally EVERYTHING, enough to drive a guy bonkers!! I have boats, motorcycles, snowmobiles, ATV's, trailers and several vehicles that I do my own maintenance on, if I was this detailed on all aspects of each machine/sport, I would never get to use them, I'd be too busy inputting/tracking data! o_O. I simply use Google Keep and note major milestones of maintenance, everything else is just mentally noted.

There are folks out there that are spreadsheet trackers of EVERYTHING, cool, then this is right up your alley, just not mine!

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@props2you Excellent feedback! I get exactly where you are coming from. We were going to release the application in September, but it was designed in a non modular way, where it almost required you to keep records on everything, I didn't like it. So we tore it all down and created a modular area architecture for the specific reasons you mentioned above. This way an individual can can use it how they wish without feeling "Required" to use everything. Hence added time as we went back to the drawing board. Only a few users are using every module. Personally I don't use every module for my boat. The key with the launch was to put out the "Kitchen Sink" and we see what features and areas have user acceptance, adoption and use. As the application maturates areas could be discontinued if not used. Already we are working on the UI change for Version 2 this fall which will make it smoother to navigate and allow a user to configure the flow for the things that they want to use vs the things they don't.

Additionally the primary goal between Versions 1 and 2 is to find ways that create less friction and make it a "Breeze". This also will be about the time when Mobile will be taking shape, which will have a slimmed down interface. You can use the current version on a phone and it scales accordingly, it just is a bit difficult with some of the larger pivot grids to scale.

Simply put, you add your Watercraft and some base details and then use which areas you want to use. They are all loosely coupled.

Last edited:

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
@props2you Excellent feedback! I get exactly where you are coming from. We were going to release the application in September, but it was designed in a non modular way, where it almost required you to keep records on everything, I didn't like it. So we tore it all down and created a modular area architecture for the specific reasons you mentioned above. This way an individual can can use it how they wish without feeling "Required" to use everything. Hence added time as we went back to the drawing board. Only a few users are using every module. Personally I don't use every module for my boat. The key with the launch was to put out the "Kitchen Sink" and we see what features and areas have user acceptance, adoption and use. As the application maturates areas could be discontinued if not used. Already we are working on the UI change for Version 2 this fall which will make it smoother to navigate and allow a user to configure the flow for the things that they want to use vs the things they don't.

Additionally the primary goal between Versions 1 and 2 is to find ways that create less friction and make it a "Breeze". This also will be about the time when Mobile will be taking shape, which will have a slimmed down interface. You can use the current version on a phone and it scales accordingly, it just is a bit difficult with some of the larger pivot grids to scale.

Simply put, you add your Watercraft and some base details and then use which areas you want to use. They are all loosely coupled.
I really like the concept of the Harbor, but find it a little complicated when navigating. I used Excel mainly when I was a fleet sup at Stanford, and that was a challenge at first. Maybe you can put together a tutorial on how to best navigate the App. In my old age, I'm finding I no longer have the patience.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@RobbieO Yes! We are working on the documentation and will make sure there is a walkthrough. Also there have been suggestions on having the Home page actually have some buttons/tiles large so it is easier to navigate. I definitely appreciate your feedback and will let you know when both are implemented in the next couple of weeks. The primary reason we did a soft launch is for these types of comments and suggestions so we can implement them rapidly.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My only concern with this software...

is that I don't want to see what I've spent on my boat! :eek::p Looks nice, going to check out the trial.

I can see this being helpful for a lot of reasons, but also for resale; is there an ability to export the info from the modules to give to a potential buyer for instance, that would show the dates and type of service, accessories and when they were added, etc?
Nice work on the system. But I’m with this guy.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would like to take the this time to thank everyone whom trialed out the application as well the multitude of current members from this forum who signed up, the patterns that we have seen with specific areas of usage have made it clear where we overbuilt and where we need to go much further in additional features. Our soft launch is coming to end tonight and we are preparing for full scale launch of the application during May. What this means that we are going to hold code updates for about 1-2 weeks and publish the final launch updates at one time.

Tremendous amount of feedback and changes that that have been requested by users of this forum. We have been implementing the changes and publishing them live constantly.

It is truly fantastic seeing the different parts of the application used in ways that we did not anticipate.

For launch the user interface will change slightly, you can print out a watercraft report (print, pdf, etc.). You will be able generate a modifications list automatically that you can copy and paste into your profile here or any where else you wish. With the ability to toggle items off which you don't want to include. If you look at the my signature on this forum, that was generated automatically and copied and pasted. Makes it simple if that is the format you wish.

Also you will be able to toggle a public viewable page on, if you like, and copy the link. When someone goes to that page it can show anything about your watercraft you like, excellent for selling your watercraft or linking a complete profile anywhere. This was the most requested feature by far. Also with the click of a button you can turn it off.

As a courtesy and thank you to everyone whom chimed in from this forum with insights and their opinions to help us grow the product, I will be extending the discount for monthly plan for Jetboaters.Net Forum members indefinitely. For the yearly plan, for Jetboaters.Net forum members only, it will be reduced from $99 to $79. You can use the codes below when you are done with the trial or when you decide to subscribe.

Note: Existing subscribers you will be seeing a credit processed back if you are on the yearly plan shortly. You should be receiving an email regarding the change in the next couple days.

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

$10 Monthly (use Coupon Code When you are done Trialing) - JBNETM

$79 Yearly (use Coupon Code When you are done Trialing) - JBNETY2

Finally, as new features are released I will keep everyone updated.

I would also like to personally thank @Julian and @Bruce for allowing us to bring our new software product to this fantastic forum and its members.

Regards,
Charles
Hang Outdoors, Inc / Watercraft Harbor

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I would like to take the this time to thank everyone whom trialed out the application as well the multitude of current members from this forum who signed up, the patterns that we have seen with specific areas of usage have made it clear where we overbuilt and where we need to go much further in additional features. Our soft launch is coming to end tonight and we are preparing for full scale launch of the application during May. What this means that we are going to hold code updates for about 1-2 weeks and publish the final launch updates at one time.

Tremendous amount of feedback and changes that that have been requested by users of this forum. We have been implementing the changes and publishing them live constantly.

It is truly fantastic seeing the different parts of the application used in ways that we did not anticipate.

For launch the user interface will change slightly, you can print out a watercraft report (print, pdf, etc.). You will be able generate a modifications list automatically that you can copy and paste into your profile here or any where else you wish. With the ability to toggle items off which you don't want to include. If you look at the my signature on this forum, that was generated automatically and copied and pasted. Makes it simple if that is the format you wish.

Also you will be able to toggle a public viewable page on, if you like, and copy the link. When someone goes to that page it can show anything about your watercraft you like, excellent for selling your watercraft or linking a complete profile anywhere. This was the most requested feature by far. Also with the click of a button you can turn it off.

As a courtesy and thank you to everyone whom chimed in from this forum with insights and their opinions to help us grow the product, I will be extending the discount for monthly plan for Jetboaters.Net Forum members indefinitely. For the yearly plan, for Jetboaters.Net forum members only, it will be reduced from $99 to $79. You can use the codes below when you are done with the trial or when you decide to subscribe.

Note: Existing subscribers you will be seeing a credit processed back if you are on the yearly plan shortly. You should be receiving an email regarding the change in the next couple days.

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

$10 Monthly (use Coupon Code When you are done Trialing) - JBNETM

$79 Yearly (use Coupon Code When you are done Trialing) - JBNETY2

Finally, as new features are released I will keep everyone updated.

I would also like to personally thank @Julian and @Bruce for allowing us to bring our new software product to this fantastic forum and its members.

Regards,
Charles
Hang Outdoors, Inc / Watercraft Harbor
@HangOutdoors Thank you!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Is this application still live, and how many members?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, of course it is and continually growing.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes. a phone app for both android and apple is targeted to be launched by October 1st. It is in testing right now.