• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

We have been looking to add to our boating options

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Haven't checked in this thread for a while, congrats on the new vessel! Can't wait to see how it comes along given the awesome job you did with the Ben.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ordered a new 4 step ladder for the Cat. The old, non collapsible ladder was an ugly beast and almost useless. The old one below is/was mounted on the starboard hull. Too much weight abaft from dinghy/motor, gear, more gear and the 50+ gallons of water that leaked into the "airtight" compartment behind the stairs and that inspection plate. Don't get me going on someone's placement of that plate. Should have been on the riser above that tread or below in this picture. It will be relocated and the tread will be repaired. I am digressing....anyway, the ladder hardware leaked, no backing plate and moved all around. Putting the new one on the other (port) hull for docking, most likely on starboard/helm side.
Looked around at many 300-400# rated ladders for $150-200+. I am trying cheap this time. We will see if it holds up to its 600# rating. A 900# one from another company had a warning about frequent returns on amazon, but this one had none, so I am going to give it a try.
Fyi...it does not look like this any more. Been cleaned up a bit.
20240422_060625.jpg
192DB20F-FF2D-4F9D-B0EA-77C54914C376.jpeg
Cheap 4 step ladder

I know, too cheap to be any good! Gonna find out. It can be returned if not completely satisfied.

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ordered a new 4 step ladder for the Cat. The old, non collapsible ladder was an ugly beast and almost useless. The old one below is/was mounted on the starboard hull. Too much weight abaft from dinghy/motor, gear, more gear and the 50+ gallons of water that leaked into the "airtight" compartment behind the stairs and that inspection plate. Don't get me going on someone's placement of that plate. Should have been on the riser above that tread or below in this picture. It will be relocated and the tread will be repaired. I am digressing....anyway, the ladder hardware leaked, no backing plate and moved all around. Putting the new one on the other (port) hull for docking, most likely on starboard/helm side.
Looked around at many 300-400# rated ladders for $150-200+. I am trying cheap this time. We will see if it holds up to its 600# rating. A 900# one from another company had a warning about frequent returns on amazon, but this one had none, so I am going to give it a try.
Fyi...it does not look like this any more. Been cleaned up a bit.
View attachment 218583
View attachment 218587
Cheap 4 step ladder

I know, too cheap to be any good! Gonna find out. It can be returned if not completely satisfied.
Theres a review there from a person that says it supports their 320# … If that’s true it should hold up okay.