• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Welcome to JETBOATERS.net!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New to the site hope to learn a lot and make new friends who enjoy jet boats as much as I do , and with that out of the way I'm from Kentucky and spend our ( the wife ) time at Green River Lake in Campbellvilles Ky 🚤
Welcome!!!

Cargodog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What a cool site. My wife and I picked our new to us AR230 on Friday the 13th (turns out to be a good luck day for us) and I found this site on Saturday. My timing couldn't be better, just in time to get in on the TV/LT sale. We currently have Cobra thrusters on the boat and they work great at slow speeds but what a bear at high speeds. I'm looking forward to getting both of the Jet Boat Pilot upgrades installed as soon as I get my hands on them.

We are in Littleton Colorado and look forward to meeting new friends.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We currently have Cobra thrusters on the boat and they work great at slow speeds but what a bear at high speeds.
WELCOME! Glad you found us! Congrats on the new boat!

Sounds like you have an older pair of Cobrafins - there are ones that will move up and down with speed, or remain fixed. My 2005 SX230 had the fixed fins, and I never noticed any difference in high speed steering as the fins are mostly out of the water at high speeds.

SCPO/SS/HOOPES

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Joined the site about 2 weeks ago. 2X boat owner but first time jet boat owner. Checked out the forums and really liked this one. This retired sailor is ready to get his sea legs back with the new boat.

Wrigman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
New boat owner, new to this forum. Just did a repower on a 17’ Alumaweld Stryker. Happy that the sport jet is out of the boat! The largest lake in Idaho is half a mile from my driveway. Hope I can be a asset to the forum.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New boat owner, new to this forum. Just did a repower on a 17’ Alumaweld Stryker. Happy that the sport jet is out of the boat! The largest lake in Idaho is half a mile from my driveway. Hope I can be a asset to the forum.
Fantastic. Start a new thread in Boating General and let's see some pics of that boat :)

Wrigman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Fantastic. Start a new thread in Boating General and let's see some pics of that boat :)
I posted a few pics on a Sport jet thread. I’ll get more pice as I take them!👍

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome to the new Yamaha in my neighborhood. Don't be a stranger.
View attachment 179972
This topic came up once before, and your photo reminded me. Do dealers give a discount on the Yamaha mooring cover when they have their logo screen printed on them? They should.

Of course, I'm the guy that peeled the dealers 2ft wide name off the back window of my wife's new SUV before we drove off the lot. I'm the petty jerk that asked how much discount we get for that advertisement, otherwise it's not leaving the lot that way. Of course they refused any discount, or to take it off. So my thumbnail scraper took it off and I disposed of it during closing.

It was nice when the dealer put a nice small emblem on cars and boats.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This topic came up once before, and your photo reminded me. Do dealers give a discount on the Yamaha mooring cover when they have their logo screen printed on them? They should.

Of course, I'm the guy that peeled the dealers 2ft wide name off the back window of my wife's new SUV before we drove off the lot. I'm the petty jerk that asked how much discount we get for that advertisement, otherwise it's not leaving the lot that way. Of course they refused any discount, or to take it off. So my thumbnail scraper took it off and I disposed of it during closing.

It was nice when the dealer put a nice small emblem on cars and boats.
Especially when the logo is like that one.....what is that??? An octopus in a blender??? WTF

kreedaz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hello all! New boat owner (of a used 2018 242X). Just saying hello and testing my Sig and Profile! Thank you all for your work here, can't wait to dive in!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
By far the best forum I have been on for ANYTHING. Everyone has been so polite and helpful with any questions, comments or concerns. As a first time jet boat owner this site has been so beneficial. Love being a part of it in any capacity.

Rooster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Long time lurker getting my post count to 20 for that sweet NSFW access. I use the search feature and have never failed to find the info I need here. Maybe an admin can just grant access so I don't have to make useless posts to get my count up.

I've have a 2018 212 Limited S that I picked up used in March 2020 with 26hrs on the engines and many of the mods I was planning on purchasing. Former owner was a great guy and took excellent care of the boat.

Mods already done included keelguard and thrustvector fins with lateral thrusters and a Garmin echomap cv44 and a couple of ropes, tubes, and wakeboards.

So far my mods have been to install the hydrophase ridesteady. I sent it off last week to have the speed ramping feature installed so I can let my wife drive while I play.

Ordered but not yet delivered are two tsunami pumps and the wakemakers port and starboard 880 lbs internal sacks along with the 70x20x10 570lb ski locker bag.

Future upgrades include a bigger house battery and a freezer or icemaker or both. The stripper pole on sotally tobers former boat is inspirational but I need my kids to move on before it would be really useful.

Our boat has been the best money I have ever spent on entertainment for myself and my family. My 6 and 8 year old are learning wakeboarding but love tubes park and play with our solstice slidedock.

Unfortunately we live in the communist territory of Seattle and only get 5 months of boating a year.

In conclusion, thanks for all the great info and community. This is definitely one of the least shitty forums out there.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Long time lurker getting my post count to 20 for that sweet NSFW access. I use the search feature and have never failed to find the info I need here. Maybe an admin can just grant access so I don't have to make useless posts to get my count up.

I've have a 2018 212 Limited S that I picked up used in March 2020 with 26hrs on the engines and many of the mods I was planning on purchasing. Former owner was a great guy and took excellent care of the boat.

Mods already done included keelguard and thrustvector fins with lateral thrusters and a Garmin echomap cv44 and a couple of ropes, tubes, and wakeboards.

So far my mods have been to install the hydrophase ridesteady. I sent it off last week to have the speed ramping feature installed so I can let my wife drive while I play.

Ordered but not yet delivered are two tsunami pumps and the wakemakers port and starboard 880 lbs internal sacks along with the 70x20x10 570lb ski locker bag.

Future upgrades include a bigger house battery and a freezer or icemaker or both. The stripper pole on sotally tobers former boat is inspirational but I need my kids to move on before it would be really useful.

Our boat has been the best money I have ever spent on entertainment for myself and my family. My 6 and 8 year old are learning wakeboarding but love tubes park and play with our solstice slidedock.

Unfortunately we live in the communist territory of Seattle and only get 5 months of boating a year.

In conclusion, thanks for all the great info and community. This is definitely one of the least shitty forums out there.
There is no minimum posts to join. You have access now but anyone can join and do it themselves by clicking on your screen name in upper right, then click preferences then select whatever group you would like to join.