• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Welcome to JETBOATERS.net!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Anchorsaweigh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
Greetings from New England! Just found this site. Just sold my Catalina 36 sailboat and bought a Sugar Sand Tango that won’t start but looking to enjoy a nice project.

spinphysics

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hi Folks. I’m a new member here and I would like to thank txav8r and all for a neat place. My wife and I recently purchased a used jetboat and I would like to join in with others for places to go and for maintenance of the craft. I am new to jet drives and need to learn, a lot, about how to drive and how to fix things after that. I figure I will do the most damage the first ten hours (smile). I’ve driven about three so far, with about 10 hours for repairing and modifying. The boat we have is an aluminum MotoJet Pioneer, 11.5 feet long from Riddle Marine, with a Yamaha 1800HO powerplant @180hp. I wanted it for running up and down whitewater, though we have none of that here in SC. I will have to travel. Anyway, thanks for this place. I’m sure you all can help me out, and happy holidays.

note: I will try and post a photo of the little screamer, though I am not so good at doing that. I’ll try.
I tried reading faq but I just get a blank screen. I’ll keep after that too. It’ll come.

View attachment 265 This is an awesome place and the upbeat and open, come and go atmosphere is the best!:woot:
EDIT...Chester said...

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi Folks. I’m a new member here and I would like to thank txav8r and all for a neat place. My wife and I recently purchased a used jetboat and I would like to join in with others for places to go and for maintenance of the craft. I am new to jet drives and need to learn, a lot, about how to drive and how to fix things after that. I figure I will do the most damage the first ten hours (smile). I’ve driven about three so far, with about 10 hours for repairing and modifying. The boat we have is an aluminum MotoJet Pioneer, 11.5 feet long from Riddle Marine, with a Yamaha 1800HO powerplant @180hp. I wanted it for running up and down whitewater, though we have none of that here in SC. I will have to travel. Anyway, thanks for this place. I’m sure you all can help me out, and happy holidays.

note: I will try and post a photo of the little screamer, though I am not so good at doing that. I’ll try.
I tried reading faq but I just get a blank screen. I’ll keep after that too. It’ll come.
FYI...Too call someone out you need to place the @ symbol in front of their name.

Welcome to the forum. Great place to be!!!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thanks to everyone on the site. I ordered a SX190 now just anxiously waiting for the summer...
:Welcome:
Oh look, another Canadian...love the Simcoe area and Couchiching too!
Did you order during the "virtual" boat show?

JetBoat_Canuck

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
:Welcome:
Oh look, another Canadian...love the Simcoe area and Couchiching too!
Did you order during the "virtual" boat show?
Nope, ordered just before. I really wanted to make sure I could have it before May long weekend.

I love where I live! lake Simcoe is 15 min away. 3 Great Lakes are 60-90 min away each and the muskokas are 70 min. Can’t wait to get out and explore it all!

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Nope, ordered just before. I really wanted to make sure I could have it before May long weekend.
Makes sense...I hear the show was a wash out anyway.
lake Simcoe is 15 min away. 3 Great Lakes are 60-90 min away each and the muskokas are 70 min.
I hate you.
:D JK
We're about 20-60 minutes from various locations too and it's great to have options. We trailer everywhere.
Can’t wait to get out and explore it all!
Make sure you know the waters, or have a chart app/plotter with you. There's a lot of shallows, submerged tree trunks, etc. in those lakes.

Don't know your history or experience so if you don't have it yet, you'll need a PCOC license to operate the boat - winter is the perfect time to get it and be ready for spring. An online course is easy and you'll learn the aids to navigation to be safe out there. You can also start getting accessories like PFD's, fenders, dock lines, etc. if needed. You'll probably also want a Yamaha deluxe mooring cover - it's custom fit for your boat, is safe to use while trailering (keeps everything inside too), and protects the inside. A locking tongue pin keeps the trailer safe and resists theft.

There's lot to learn here and in Youtube videos if you need the help or experience, and don't forget pics when you get her home!

JetBoat_Canuck

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Makes sense...I hear the show was a wash out anyway.

I hate you.
:D JK
We're about 20-60 minutes from various locations too and it's great to have options. We trailer everywhere.

Make sure you know the waters, or have a chart app/plotter with you. There's a lot of shallows, submerged tree trunks, etc. in those lakes.

Don't know your history or experience so if you don't have it yet, you'll need a PCOC license to operate the boat - winter is the perfect time to get it and be ready for spring. An online course is easy and you'll learn the aids to navigation to be safe out there. You can also start getting accessories like PFD's, fenders, dock lines, etc. if needed. You'll probably also want a Yamaha deluxe mooring cover - it's custom fit for your boat, is safe to use while trailering (keeps everything inside too), and protects the inside. A locking tongue pin keeps the trailer safe and resists theft.

There's lot to learn here and in Youtube videos if you need the help or experience, and don't forget pics when you get her home!

I downloaded the Navionics app. (haven't paid for it yet. but looks cool during the trail phase) I will probably purchase it unless someone has another recommendations.

I have some experience in the smaller lakes around the area on rentals and other friends boats, but nothing too serious. Definitely have much to learn including learning how to tow...

As far as accessories I have ordered the morning cover and the dealer is giving me a safety kit (but didn't get an itemized list from them).

I know I will want more dock lines, fenders, PFDs and locking pins for sure. If you have any tips for Canadian retailers that would be much helpful, most of what i have found online are US based retailers with really high shipping costs. We will also consider getting a tube and tow rope also at some point if the price is right.

We already have a trip to Friday harbour booked (May long weekend) and Long point (Canada day). Just counting down the days as i see almost 4 ft of snow on snow banks on my driveway....

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Navionics is hard to beat, it is a great indispensable app and fairly priced.

MikeT29

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bought our first boat ('96 20 foot Bayliner open bow) 12 years ago and finally decided late last year it was time to upgrade to a bigger, newer, nicer boat. So far we could not be happier! Can fit the entire family or quite a few friends on board for a full day of fun. Great forum here btw, been reading and learning lots.

IMG_0546.jpgIMG_0548.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

MikeT29

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you! @Julian
Took these pics over Memorial Day Weekend on a trip to Lake George NY in between rain showers, so those whips were just a temp thing for the weekend there. You can actually see three stickers on the boat - NJ, the municipal ramp I use often annual pass, and the Lake George permit on the glass and everybody was kind enough to go with blue this year to match!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am just taking a moment to welcome @George.Kotzin to the forum. As far as I know he does not own a boat but he has built new Bimini tops for several members here including myself, for a fair price.

Thanks again George for building me a new top and patching up my custom bimini boot and extension. My wife and i are really happy with the material and workmanship.

Attachments