• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Welcome to JETBOATERS.net!

John Morstad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thanks. Not my first boat, but first jump into jet propulsion. I got sick of replacing props. I had a 2004 Four Winns 210 that I sold in 2010 when my first kid was a baby.

Now I have two and they are old enough to use it.

I have a test run scheduled with the pickup. Thanks for the advice!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My first post. Excited to pick up my 2018 212 Limited as soon as the ice is out. Love this site. So much great info!
Welcome and congrats on the new boat. Hopefully the ice will melt soon.

1_fast_ar240

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks we are exited to get it in the water, and already order my first mod : ) hahahaha

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks we are exited to get it in the water, and already order my first mod : ) hahahaha
First? This time next month you should be on your 6th at least! Lol

I remember telling my wife we shouldn't need to add anything to this boat when we bought it..... Insert jetboaters. Net!!

1_fast_ar240

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
i said the same thing then i found a set of vectors on the classifieds, after fighting with the shipping cover yesterday i realized i also need a good cover for the boat as well so i am in the hunt, any advice on which one should i look at ? any specific brand ?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome!

I like the Yamaha ones because they fit exactly and have all of the things in the right places. But they are pricey, I think. Others have had custom ones made that last longer (and cost a bit more). Note if you buy the Yamaha one that there is a regular cover and a premium cover (priced differently). The premium is thicker (and my choice).

Armando

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you all for letting me join.
1st question i have is im very close to pulling the trigger on 2012 yamaha 242 s limited for 35k with 300 hours. Is that a lot of hours for these jet boats im coming from a malibu inboard. Thanks in advance

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
1st question i have is im very close to pulling the trigger on 2012 yamaha 242 s limited for 35k with 300 hours. Is that a lot of hours for these jet boats im coming from a malibu inboard. Thanks in advance
The engines are just getting broken in. These engines are used in several boats and jet skis. Rental companies are getting 1,000 to 2,000 hours out of these engines. No brand is 100% reliable but Yamaha engines are amazing. I have over 200 hours on my twins and the only maintenance is regular oil filters, oil, and spark plugs.

Tad Steinberg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Have the same boat only a year newer. I have about 100 hours on mine and still running strong. Only one issue is that one of the O2 sensors failed.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Doncore3000

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've been scouring this forum as I shopped for my New previously owned Jet Boat, and it was sooo helpful. I've logged dozens of hours reading up on everything I even thought might be an issue. The good news is I found a 2008 212X and it was delivered to my driveway today, the Friday of Memorial Day weekend! The bad news is that I'm stuck here in Alaska for 3 more weeks until I retire from the USCG. So I'm having my wife send me pictures daily just to keep an eye on her! LOL. I'm looking forward to being a part of such a great group of boaters.

Attachments

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've been scouring this forum as I shopped for my New previously owned Jet Boat, and it was sooo helpful. I've logged dozens of hours reading up on everything I even thought might be an issue. The good news is I found a 2008 212X and it was delivered to my driveway today, the Friday of Memorial Day weekend! The bad news is that I'm stuck here in Alaska for 3 more weeks until I retire from the USCG. So I'm having my wife send me pictures daily just to keep an eye on her! LOL. I'm looking forward to being a part of such a great group of boaters.
Put your location in your name.... I'm sure someone close would be willing to take it out this weekend for u! Lol

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just want to say thanks to everyone here. Been a lurker for a few months now learning as I go. Starting to look at purchasing a Jet Boat. Can't wait.

Then I can chase @biffdotorg all around the lake!

Someone hook this cat up with a boat in the midwest. We have shopped AR's of all sizes. 190, 210 and 212x models. Someone has to have one around. Good luck in your search!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Check the Chicago Craigslist. I recently saw a AR210 at a reasonable price.