• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wetsounds stealth 10 soundbar help

Bedlamfirm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@kyle ... interested to see when you get done. Take pics when you do it. I'm interested in this sound bar too and it's sound. I know my '16 AR 192 is hollow tubes. By the way I'm here in Cincy. Where do you boat? Maybe hear that sound bar live.

kyle

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@kyle ... interested to see when you get done. Take pics when you do it. I'm interested in this sound bar too and it's sound. I know my '16 AR 192 is hollow tubes. By the way I'm here in Cincy. Where do you boat? Maybe hear that sound bar live.
I will take pics this spring when I install it. My plan is to mount it on the rear bar of the wake tower that is 1-7/8" in diameter. I found some brackets made just for the wetsounds bar that should fit perfect. I am going to drill a hole right next to the soundbar and run the wire inside all the way down to the battery.
We are in Independence so not too far from you. We do most of our boating at Laurel Lake in London KY but do occasionally put in the Ohio River in downtown Cincinnati. I couldn't take not knowing how the soundbar sounded so I hooked it up to a battery in the backyard and played some music at differing levels at various distances from the bar. Holy crap that thing is loud and clear. It will be absolutely perfect for hanging out behind the boat swimming. There is a lack of bass so depending on what kind of music you like you may want to add a subwoofer. I am contemplating adding one at the same time I install the bar but have no idea what to get. I don't want anything major. And I am worried that I will then need a second battery which is just yet another added expense and more weight. I would be glad to let you hear it though once I get it installed.

RadioWaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I plan on adding this bar to my tower soon, can anyone tell me why the core which is passive and has no bluetooth is more expensive than the Ultra which has a 300 watt amp, bluetooth and remote? I like the idea of using the Ultra but am concerned with the long run of power and ground wires that it would take to get power to it. I cant find current draw in the specs but it uses a 15A fuse so probably 10A wide open.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

afdouble

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Like Julian mentioned, the Ultra is pricier. I installed the Core and ran it off an external amp in the port seat compartment.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider So - would you go Stealth 10 Ultra, Surge, or Core???
Pricing aside, I would think in the boat, there is no advantage to have a BT on the soundbar, could even be problematic possibly, and the Core would have some (possibly significant) advantages: 1. lighter weight, 2. choice of an amp, and 3. easier to wire through the tower (no power wires).

--

Last edited:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Well in my Rhino I would go Ultra so I could take out my head unit and speakers and just use this all in one unit.

In the boat, I like the core because it keeps from running big wires thru the tower.

Last edited: